US East Northern VA / MD Monthly Meetups

• HTML tutorial

dmp399

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Virgina
Hey y’all so my wife just traded her 5th gen 4Runner for a 2019 Tacoma TRD Pro. That being said I’ve got a pair of Orange Boxx Fab modular storage panels that I need to sell. I thought I’d offer it “local” to this group to avoid shipping. Anyone looking to outfit a 4Runner? I’ll even thow in the molle pouches I bought all for $150. They are in good shape and less than a year old. Any takers before I list it in on the main site?

PS besides Expo East when’s the next meetup?

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Hey y’all so my wife just traded her 5th gen 4Runner for a 2019 Tacoma TRD Pro. That being said I’ve got a pair of Orange Boxx Fab modular storage panels that I need to sell. I thought I’d offer it “local” to this group to avoid shipping. Anyone looking to outfit a 4Runner? I’ll even thow in the molle pouches I bought all for $150. They are in good shape and less than a year old. Any takers before I list it in on the main site?

PS besides Expo East when’s the next meetup?
Got any pics?

Reactions: sabjku

Dunewheeler12

Rank III

Traveler I

Saw this rig today any one know who’s it is are rei in tysons or what the plate is next to the tent ( the aluminum plate with two straps)

IMG_6942.jpgIMG_6943.jpg

Thanks

I was in the Jeep jk

Hafaday

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Richmond, VA.
Member #

How goes it guy's?

Need to chat with you all on a possible Taco.. Learning the taco speak. an 18 DCSB OR.

Pro's and cons. as well as dealing with Koons, Tyson Toyota. Been emailing back and forth.

Might be time to let my 14 JKU go and try something different. Not sure yet.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

How goes it guy's?

Need to chat with you all on a possible Taco.. Learning the taco speak. an 18 DCSB OR.

Pro's and cons. as well as dealing with Koons, Tyson Toyota. Been emailing back and forth.

Picked up my 16 T4R from Koons in Tyson’s. Pleasant experience!

Reactions: sabjku and Hafaday

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

We had a bad experience with Koons. As soon as we signed, hard to get anything out of them. Hard to get them on the phone.
Why the potential switch from 4R to Tacoma?

DRJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Springfield, VA
Member #

How goes it guy's?

I got my 16 DCSB OR from Priority Springfield. They have life time free oil change and engine warranty. I'm not sure what other vehicle you are comparing it to, but I really prefer the truck bed.

If you are comparing it to a T4R, the Taco has less payload, but better towing. It has a longer wheelbase than the T4R. Suspension is cheaper/simpler to upgrade for the rear. The truck bed allows you to keep all your stuff in the back without exposing the cab to bugs and the elements when you are at camp. I also like the isolation of the truck bed from the cab. This is especially nice when you have to pack up your dirty and potentially smelly gear. The bed is more versatile in general, but the T4R is slightly better OOTB for the trails.

Hafaday

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Richmond, VA.
Member #

We had a bad experience with Koons. As soon as we signed, hard to get anything out of them. Hard to get them on the phone.
Why the potential switch from 4R to Tacoma?
Gotcha. Thinking of going from my 14 Jeep JKU to a Taco. Not from a 4R.
I got my 16 DCSB OR from Priority Springfield. They have life time free oil change and engine warranty. I'm not sure what other vehicle you are comparing it to, but I really prefer the truck bed.
Rite. Not really comparing it to anything.
If you are comparing it to a T4R, the Taco has less payload, but better towing. It has a longer wheelbase than the T4R. Suspension is cheaper/simpler to upgrade for the rear. The truck bed allows you to keep all your stuff in the back without exposing the cab to bugs and the elements when you are at camp. I also like the isolation of the truck bed from the cab. This is especially nice when you have to pack up your dirty and potentially smelly gear. The bed is more versatile in general, but the T4R is slightly better OOTB for the trails.
Cool. and thanks for the info.

While the 4R is nice, I don't have a need for it. been looking on and off for a year now. Figure it might be time to ante up. That said, I kinda kick myself in the ass now for not going with a 17 Taco with out all the extra nanny stuff on the 18 Tacoma.

My jeep has served it's purpose. Not saying I want to rid it yet, just thinking out loud and possibly wasting someones time (Email's to the dealer).

Reactions: geekyadam

Ryan Hoffman

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Somerset, PA
Member #

How goes it guy's?

I bought my FJ cruiser at Koons, Tyson Toyota. I will tell you, these guys are sharks!!! They will do anything to get a sale. If you want a good deal, you need to know exactly what you are looking at. They still hound me 3 days a week with offers and e-mails about wanting my FJ. Saying they will give me 125% kbb value. They have a huge selection and good prices but beware they will fight over you at the door to sell you a vehicle. They held doors open for us, served us coffee, etc. made us feel at home but you know there was an ulterior motive.

Reactions: geekyadam

Hafaday

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Richmond, VA.
Member #

I bought my FJ cruiser at Koons, Tyson Toyota. I will tell you, these guys are sharks!!! They will do anything to get a sale. If you want a good deal, you need to know exactly what you are looking at. They still hound me 3 days a week with offers and e-mails about wanting my FJ. Saying they will give me 125% kbb value. They have a huge selection and good prices but beware they will fight over you at the door to sell you a vehicle. They held doors open for us, served us coffee, etc. made us feel at home but you know there was an ulterior motive.
I believe it.

Already had two different email me back. 1 wants me in the door yesterday. The other has given me price with no, real added BS.

100RNR

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Purcellville, VA, USA
First Name
Earl
Last Name
Rrrrrr
Member #

How goes it guy's?

After my experience with Koon's I wouldn't buy a Coke out of their vending machine....

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Yeah same. When we got Courtney's Grand Cherokee, we were just a number to them and had an extremely hard time getting them to follow up on things they said they'd take care of. Some little things like replacing the dead batteries in the remotes, some bigger stuff. All they care about is the sale and that's it.
I've heard good things about Priority Toyota, I personally went with Miller Toyota out in Manassas after doing a lot of research online on dealer review sites and BBB. Wherever you go, avoid the Toyota dealership in Woodbridge. They have the worst reviews and an F grade on BBB.

Anyway, as for choosing a Tacoma, I love mine for many reasons, primarily because I prefer driving stick and you can't find them anymore. But I've used the shit out of the bed since we bought the house a couple years ago. I've had some strong feelings on switching to a 4Runner though...they're comfier, look badass, and roomier. If you get either, get the TRD OffRoad or the TRD Pro if you want. Both come with a locking rear diff, which is the primary useful difference when it comes down to it.

Reactions: ChefboyRD

Ryan Hoffman

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Somerset, PA
Member #

I believe it.

Already had two different email me back. 1 wants me in the door yesterday. The other has given me price with no, real added BS.
Like I said, I did get a deal on my FJ. About $4000 less than others in my area (western PA). You just really have to know and look over what you are buying because I don’t feel like they will provide much customer service after the purchase. There will be 100 salesmen when you walk in the door. No joke.

Hafaday

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Richmond, VA.
Member #

Yeah same. When we got Courtney's Grand Cherokee, we were just a number to them and had an extremely hard time getting them to follow up on things they said they'd take care of. Some little things like replacing the dead batteries in the remotes, some bigger stuff. All they care about is the sale and that's it.
I've heard good things about Priority Toyota, I personally went with Miller Toyota out in Manassas after doing a lot of research online on dealer review sites and BBB. Wherever you go, avoid the Toyota dealership in Woodbridge. They have the worst reviews and an F grade on BBB.

Anyway, as for choosing a Tacoma, I love mine for many reasons, primarily because I prefer driving stick and you can't find them anymore. But I've used the shit out of the bed since we bought the house a couple years ago. I've had some strong feelings on switching to a 4Runner though...they're comfier, look badass, and roomier. If you get either, get the TRD OffRoad or the TRD Pro if you want. Both come with a locking rear diff, which is the primary useful difference when it comes down to it.
Rite rite.. You said bigger stuff, Care to mention? I do all my own maintenance, so not worried about that.

I will say, I have been wondering about the E-locker. IE: Longevity and durability of it.
Like I said, I did get a deal on my FJ. About $4000 less than others in my area (western PA). You just really have to know and look over what you are buying because I don’t feel like they will provide much customer service after the purchase. There will be 100 salesmen when you walk in the door. No joke.
Gotcha. MSRP is $38,607.. Last email was $33,622 out the door (title, taxes and fees). it's a maybe to me.