Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Who all here is already registered, or plans on registering, for the Roof Top Tent Rally next weekend? Just trying to get an idea as to how many from NOVA/DC/MD area is going.

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Who all here is already registered, or plans on registering, for the Roof Top Tent Rally next weekend? Just trying to get an idea as to how many from NOVA/DC/MD area is going.
Working on it... hope to be going. Will let you know if I can talk the wife into it and get registered. I don’t have an RTT... but don’t think that’s a requirement.

Reactions: sabjku

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

O.O

Update Oct. 5, 2018 5:52 p.m. ET: FCA says the recall population includes approximately 18,000 vehicles, which will all be inspected. Of those, the company estimates that 4 percent (roughly 720 vehicles) “may have the issue.”

So that probably means anyone's is potentially crappy but not crappy enough to recall [because it would cost them too much]. Has Jeep ever had this kind of QA issues in the past? I've never been a Jeep guy, but I always thought they had rigorous intentions to keep Jeeps (or at least just Wranglers) super sturdy and resilient. Surprised something as obvious as this got through QA and production lines.

AG Sheep

Rank IV

Traveler I

Maryland
O.O

Update Oct. 5, 2018 5:52 p.m. ET: FCA says the recall population includes approximately 18,000 vehicles, which will all be inspected. Of those, the company estimates that 4 percent (roughly 720 vehicles) “may have the issue.”

So that probably means anyone's is potentially crappy but not crappy enough to recall [because it would cost them too much]. Has Jeep ever had this kind of QA issues in the past? I've never been a Jeep guy, but I always thought they had rigorous intentions to keep Jeeps (or at least just Wranglers) super sturdy and resilient. Surprised something as obvious as this got through QA and production lines.
I honestly do not know but I do not think so. Know the JK had its flaws when it first came out. Fiat took over Chrysler in 2014 so the JL is the first Wrangler since that merger.

Reactions: sabjku