Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

There's a chance we're going to the Blue Ridge Overland flea market. Can I get a confirmation here of who else is planning on going? Or is there a rally point made for it? I'm on the app and can't see them easily...

Reactions: sabjku

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

There's a chance we're going to the Blue Ridge Overland flea market. Can I get a confirmation here of who else is planning on going? Or is there a rally point made for it? I'm on the app and can't see them easily...
Next weekend right @geekyadam?

I'm hoping to go, but won't know till later next week.

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

nice to do something somewhere thats pets are allowed.dont kno if thats a option or not
You talking about camping or just a meet up?

If a meetup, Rocklands has a big outside seating area in Alexandria. But not sure on the official pet policy.

If camping, I almost always am bringing my pup ... so pet friendly is required for me.

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Man, I hate it when work disrupts my ability to play online during the day:grinning:

Also registered and signed up for Blue Ridge Overland's Flea Market, as well as camping that evening. @JRElaxED and I are planning on leaving the Alexandria area around 830'ish AM Sat morning. @NovaBound , you joining!? If @geekyadam or anyone else is in this area and would want to head out about that same time frame and caravan together, let us know. If not, we can all meet up down at the event.

As far as this weekend and heading out to the Front Royal area, I'm going to watch the weather over the next 24-36hrs and see what they call for. As of right now it's looking like it could be rain both days, but we'll see. If the weather looks to be ok, I'm going to leave the Alexandria area around 10am Sat(or Sun if that's better for a few others) and plan on hitting up some newer gravel roads and Forest Roads that I came across a couple weekends ago, and maybe even run down Peters Mill Run again for the heck of it(I'm a newb off-roader, so it's still fun for me!). If the weather holds out we could do some cooking along one of the roads/trails in the area, or stop at Pave Mint in Front Royal, or do Spring House Tavern(awesome little spot!) or Woodstock Brew House.

If anyone's up for a day trip, let me know.

@Nick80 , Peter's Mill Run is a fun trail, at least for me!

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Man, I hate it when work disrupts my ability to play online during the day:grinning:

Also registered and signed up for Blue Ridge Overland's Flea Market, as well as camping that evening. @JRElaxED and I are planning on leaving the Alexandria area around 830'ish AM Sat morning. @NovaBound , you joining!? If @geekyadam or anyone else is in this area and would want to head out about that same time frame and caravan together, let us know. If not, we can all meet up down at the event.

As far as this weekend and heading out to the Front Royal area, I'm going to watch the weather over the next 24-36hrs and see what they call for. As of right now it's looking like it could be rain both days, but we'll see. If the weather looks to be ok, I'm going to leave the Alexandria area around 10am Sat(or Sun if that's better for a few others) and plan on hitting up some newer gravel roads and Forest Roads that I came across a couple weekends ago, and maybe even run down Peters Mill Run again for the heck of it(I'm a newb off-roader, so it's still fun for me!). If the weather holds out we could do some cooking along one of the roads/trails in the area, or stop at Pave Mint in Front Royal, or do Spring House Tavern(awesome little spot!) or Woodstock Brew House.

Hope to be joining!!!

Will know later next week. But I’m only available for the day, so I would be doing a down and back on Saturday.

Anthony 1972

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Virginia
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Grant
Member #

been there few times riding 4 wheelers,heard it was others roads to drive and i thought was a fire tower up there also.im interested in that,what time everyone be at peters mill run and where meetig at there.im coming from staunton va

AG Sheep

Rank IV

Traveler I

Maryland

Down for a day trip Sunday. Any good meeting spots for those that cannot do the overnight?

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Sounds like Sunday's a good day for most of us! I just created a Rally Point(Woodstock Cafe to Peters Mill Run Trails). When we meet up at Woodstock Cafe we can run over different route options and figure out what everyone is more interested in doing. It's a nice area to explore!

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Sounds like Sunday's a good day for most of us! I just created a Rally Point(Woodstock Cafe to Peters Mill Run Trails). When we meet up at Woodstock Cafe we can run over different route options and figure out what everyone is more interested in doing. It's a nice area to explore!
Right on!