Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

AMAZING deal on a Ruger offroad trailer + RTT combo near WDC: https://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/2016-ruger-offroad-trailer-with-rtt-4-800-washington-dc-area.197390/

I want to buy this so bad right now, but we're still in the middle of deck remodel and we're planning a wedding so can't afford to spend that much right now. But man is it worth it. That trailer alone base model starts at $6K, and they're including all their accessories and camping gear. So hopefully someone here can take advantage of the deal! (I don't know seller, just saw the post today randomly)

AG Sheep

Rank IV

Traveler I

Maryland
AMAZING deal on a Ruger offroad trailer + RTT combo near WDC: https://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/2016-ruger-offroad-trailer-with-rtt-4-800-washington-dc-area.197390/

I want to buy this so bad right now, but we're still in the middle of deck remodel and we're planning a wedding so can't afford to spend that much right now. But man is it worth it. That trailer alone base model starts at $6K, and they're including all their accessories and camping gear. So hopefully someone here can take advantage of the deal! (I don't know seller, just saw the post today randomly)
Looks like someone already jumped on it.

I would be down for a one day next weekend. Kind of want to stay out of the GWNF area though. Idk if anyone is down. Also, I know there were some rumblings about Mission BBQ meets, what about cars and coffee style meet?

100RNR

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Purcellville, VA, USA
First Name
Earl
Last Name
Rrrrrr
Member #

I would be down for a one day next weekend. Kind of want to stay out of the GWNF area though. Idk if anyone is down. Also, I know there were some rumblings about Mission BBQ meets, what about cars and coffee style meet?
I'd be up for Cars and Coffee this Saturday.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

I could do any of that, and all of it this weekend! Cars and Coffee, Mission BBQ for lunch, and then head out to the woods!

In all seriousness, I think I'd like to get away from the concrete jungle and go do some driving around either on the forest roads or at least in a different environment. If anyone's up for a day drive out near/in the GW, maybe stop and do some trailside grilling, have a beer, then I'm down. That would be for this Sat and/or Sun, depending on weather. Next weekend is the Overlander Flea Market!

BWSracing

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Reston VA
Hey guys, I’m new here and live in Reston. I have quite a busy schedule but would love to try and make one of these meet ups. Are you all still doing this?
Thanks

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Hey guys, I’m new here and live in Reston. I have quite a busy schedule but would love to try and make one of these meet ups. Are you all still doing this?
Thanks
Welcome! Yes we are pretty active. Scroll up a bit and you'll a possible Meetup this weekend, as well as more to come. There's also an overland flea market next weekend hosted by Blue Ridge Overland gear in southern VA I believe. We try to organize something at least once a month if possible, usually one or two nights stay in some woods somewhere.

AG Sheep

Rank IV

Traveler I

Maryland
So whats the plan for mission bbq? what location time and day and any trails? And easy (commander :sunglasses: or JL :smilingimp: )
Idk about mission BBQ but if someone is planning a trip we could maybe focus a coffee meet up around that? Meet up early then those who want to roll out can roll. If not, we could either establish a location for a coffee meet or go to an existing event like the Katies. I am out of pocket for this weekend in terms of a day trip but could do a little meet. Next weekend I could probably do a day trip. There is also this legit BBQ place in Alexandria called the Smoking Cow. Idk how many people are near that area but its a good place to eat.

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Idk about mission BBQ but if someone is planning a trip we could maybe focus a coffee meet up around that? Meet up early then those who want to roll out can roll. If not, we could either establish a location for a coffee meet or go to an existing event like the Katies. I am out of pocket for this weekend in terms of a day trip but could do a little meet. Next weekend I could probably do a day trip. There is also this legit BBQ place in Alexandria called the Smoking Cow. Idk how many people are near that area but its a good place to eat.
Never tried the Smoking Cow .... but Rocklands is pretty legit as well!

Reactions: JRElaxED

Anthony 1972

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Virginia
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Grant
Member #

nice to do something somewhere thats pets are allowed.dont kno if thats a option or not

AG Sheep

Rank IV

Traveler I

Maryland
I know @sabjku is always open for a trip and has the Front Royal scouted pretty well.
If you guys wanna do a meet up, pick the spot, time, and date and I’m sure people will show up.
Are their trails out there? Doesn't look to far for me. Could potentially do something next weekend, unless people are going to be headting to the Blue Ridge event.

Tent is removed it was easy but the bracket I made for the high lift was a pain in the A to get off.
Haha, I feel like you knew it was going to be a pain when you put it on.

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Are their trails out there? Doesn't look to far for me. Could potentially do something next weekend, unless people are going to be headting to the Blue Ridge event.

Haha, I feel like you knew it was going to be a pain when you put it on.
There is Peters Mill Run OHV Trail, as well as a bunch of dirt/gravel roads that @sabjku has mapped and scouted.

Reactions: sabjku