North Chesterfield, VA
First Name
James
Last Name
Coon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE4GIV
Hey everyone. I`m in Rockville, Maryland. I just joined the group and really want to meet with you, hit the trails, and go camping. My current vehicle is Toyota Highlander 2010 so obviously, I won't be able to hit Difficult trails. But most of Easy and some of the Moderate trails I think I can go to.
SO, it is great to be here and looking forward to meeting with you! :)
View attachment 54537 View attachment 54538 View attachment 54539View attachment 54540
Welcome to the group. Hopefully there will be some trips in the near future. Just got my front bumper w/winch and LED fog lights installed today. Rear bumper and roof rack are later this week when the rain stops.

DSCN0982.JPG

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
Anyone doing anything this weekend? I had planned on running Flag Pole with a couple Xterra guys but they had to back out because of mechanical issues.

Mike1102

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Culpeper, Va
Member #

The
Anyone doing anything this weekend? I had planned on running Flag Pole with a couple Xterra guys but they had to back out because of mechanical issues.
There are a couple people going to flag pole this weekend. It’s on Rally Point.

Nootherids

Rank V

Influencer II

Hey everyone!

Finally back stateside, looking to get the monthly coffee/brewery meetups goin again. Hopefully will get to meet a few or our new members!

Looking possibly the first weekend or the third weekend in May. What are y'alls thoughts?

cheers,
Mike
Welcome back Mike!!! I’ve been MIA myself too since last we met up. (Tundra w/ busted steering rack, David) as of now I’m free for 1st weekend, and on 3rd weekend I have Sunday free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Exped4x4

AG Sheep

Rank IV

Traveler I

Maryland
Hey everyone!

Finally back stateside, looking to get the monthly coffee/brewery meetups goin again. Hopefully will get to meet a few or our new members!

Looking possibly the first weekend or the third weekend in May. What are y'alls thoughts?

cheers,
Mike
My weekends are up in the air right now. Could probably do a coffee meet up. Offroad trips are in hold for me until further notice due to work.

A little off-topic but this picture reminded me of @Nick80Screenshot_20180429-192827.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Exped4x4

Exped4x4

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Manassas VA
Member #

My weekends are up in the air right now. Could probably do a coffee meet up. Offroad trips are in hold for me until further notice due to work.

A little off-topic but this picture reminded me of @Nick80View attachment 55266

Sent from my SM-G935V using OB Talk mobile app
Hahahaha, that is a great point, @Nick80 knows the comfort of the crocs! Speaking of theChive, Here is yours truly from the bottom of the earth:
2018-04-30.png

Exped4x4

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Manassas VA
Member #

Welcome back Mike!!! I’ve been MIA myself too since last we met up. (Tundra w/ busted steering rack, David) as of now I’m free for 1st weekend, and on 3rd weekend I have Sunday free.

Hey David! Glad you were able to limp it home and get it all fixed.

I'm going to go ahead and plan to be in clifton, VA at the main street pub (has good breakfast) about 8:30/9 am for Saturday May 5th.

Reactions: Nootherids

Nick80

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Haymarket, Virginia, USA
First Name
NICHOLAS
Last Name
Roozen
Member #

Reactions: TerryD and Exped4x4

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ

Exped4x4

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Manassas VA
Member #

Hey all!

I’m new to the OB community and live in the Alexandria area. I’ve been looking through this thread a little but looking to know if there’s a standing, reoccurring meet. If so, when/where?

Thanks and hopefully I’ll be able to come out for some wheeling!
Hey urbanoverland and welcome!

We try to do a meet at least once a month for coffee and kinda planning things out. Usually it's in Clifton VA, as there are a couple of spots to get a little mud on the tires nearby without having to drive out to the mountains. Right now I have one planned to meet at the Main Street pub at 830/9 for kind of cars/coffee type deal Sat May 5th. So feel free to come out for that!

cheers,
Mike

Reactions: Nootherids

Nootherids

Rank V

Influencer II

I like the Raptor s but fitting them on trails around this area your looking for trail damage.
Difficult, I’m sure. But I was told he didn’t have any damage other than flipped mirrors and pin stripes. Sometimes us big dudes have to go slower. But that’s why I’m not comfortable going wheeling without somebody that can tell me when I should pass on a particular trail. I don’t mind circling around and waiting for the group at the next intersection if possible or being given a route to get back out on my own.

I did Taskers Gap with a buddy a while ago and it was easy but tons of fun. Then they turned into a trail going up the mountain but advised me that I may not want to take my truck up there. So I jumped into one of their rigs and off we went. Good thing I did. Definitely too tight for my Tundra, but his Tacoma made it through except for a busted tail light which was his fault for being silly. The Ford Broncos did some battles with trees but that was their purpose so all good.