Launch Member

Member III

Haymarket, Virginia, USA
First Name
NICHOLAS
Last Name
Roozen
Member #

Difficult, I’m sure. But I was told he didn’t have any damage other than flipped mirrors and pin stripes. Sometimes us big dudes have to go slower. But that’s why I’m not comfortable going wheeling without somebody that can tell me when I should pass on a particular trail. I don’t mind circling around and waiting for the group at the next intersection if possible or being given a route to get back out on my own.

I did Taskers Gap with a buddy a while ago and it was easy but tons of fun. Then they turned into a trail going up the mountain but advised me that I may not want to take my truck up there. So I jumped into one of their rigs and off we went. Good thing I did. Definitely too tight for my Tundra, but his Tacoma made it through except for a busted tail light which was his fault for being silly. The Ford Broncos did some battles with trees but that was their purpose so all good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea but Flag Pole is pretty open compared to others my commander is nice and thin and is covered in tree marks.

Reactions: TerryD

Nootherids

Rank V

Influencer II

Hey David! Glad you were able to limp it home and get it all fixed.

I'm going to go ahead and plan to be in clifton, VA at the main street pub (has good breakfast) about 8:30/9 am for Saturday May 5th.
Hey Mike! I was planning on heading out tomorrow to meet up with you but that plan has changed. I have a house with 2 sick babies that passed it on to me. Today has been rough. Not feeling well at all. Doubt I’ll feel good enough by tomorrow morn. :-(

Exped4x4

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Manassas VA
Member #

Hey Mike! I was planning on heading out tomorrow to meet up with you but that plan has changed. I have a house with 2 sick babies that passed it on to me. Today has been rough. Not feeling well at all. Doubt I’ll feel good enough by tomorrow morn. :-(

No worries! Theres always next time!

ZombieCat

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Maryland
First Name
Adventure
Last Name
Awaits!
Member #

Hi y’all!
Another newbie to overlanding... well, overlanding in a vehicle as opposed to my feet, lol (backpacker). I’m near Annapolis, Maryland and would like to join in the monthly shindig. Keep me posted!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Bear Wrangler

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Northern Virginia
First Name
Bear
Last Name
Wrangler
Member #

Hi y’all!
Another newbie to overlanding... well, overlanding in a vehicle as opposed to my feet, lol (backpacker). I’m near Annapolis, Maryland and would like to join in the monthly shindig. Keep me posted!

Hi @ZombieCat , check out the Rally Point section. I post events there frequently. There's a meetup in June on the National Seashore on the Maryland side.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

AG Sheep

Rank IV

Traveler I

Maryland
Looking at hitting up that Katies Cars and Coffee this weekend. Seems like the turn out has been pretty good. Anyone down to meet up?

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Hey everyone. Long time no catch up. Been putting in a lot of time on the house. Replaced all the siding myself with the help of my dad and Courtneys dad. Almost done, excited to get back on some trails once it finally stops raining. I did Canaan Loop a couple months back with a buddy. Good time, pretty chill trail. Few technical spots and a creek crossing or two, plenty of brush burn though. Anyone got some open, upcoming plans for a weekend? We need to take a break from the house soon and get next to a campfire with a beer.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Nootherids