US East Northern VA / MD Monthly Meetups

• HTML tutorial

smplone

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sterling VA
Member #

I am doing my monthly trip this weekend if anyone interested. Keeping it low key in gwnf one stop shop. Cold weather training for sure. Can’t wait

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

AG Sheep

Rank IV

Traveler I

Maryland
I might be in for it. Is there somewhere with more deets? Facebook?
EDIT : For some reason the link wont post but its "Katies Cars and Coffee" on FB

I am doing my monthly trip this weekend if anyone interested. Keeping it low key in gwnf one stop shop. Cold weather training for sure. Can’t wait
Today was chilly so curious to see how the weekend will be. What dates are you looking to run? Saw the post on Mid-Atlantic for the run this weekend but its kind of outta the way.

smplone

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sterling VA
Member #

It’s always colder the closer you are to home. The same thing when you have to use the bathroom suddenly increases the closer you get to a bathroom lol. Being cold in the mountains isn’t as bad as being cold right outside your home.

Yes expect 15 degrees outside, but also expect no wind and a kickass fire.

Last month was 470 mile round trip weekend warrior, keeping this one local one stop shop, camp life, keep the fire going and the whiskey pouring cause I ain’t leaving.

Reactions: TerryD

AG Sheep

Rank IV

Traveler I

Maryland
It’s always colder the closer you are to home. The same thing when you have to use the bathroom suddenly increases the closer you get to a bathroom lol. Being cold in the mountains isn’t as bad as being cold right outside your home.

Yes expect 15 degrees outside, but also expect no wind and a kickass fire.

Last month was 470 mile round trip weekend warrior, keeping this one local one stop shop, camp life, keep the fire going and the whiskey pouring cause I ain’t leaving.

Have some adulting I need to get done this weekend so I will have to pass. Might do the cars and coffee even if anyone on here wants to go.

pl626

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

McLean, VA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Chen
Member #

Bumping this to see if anyone is going to the cars and coffee tomorrow!
Should be a good turnout tomorrow, as the weather should be good compared to the last two weeks. Did we ever establish a rendezvous? The parking lot @ the BBT bank branch is walking distance to Katie’s Coffee Shop. Another option might be to reply to this thread when you arrive?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ryan Hoffman

AG Sheep

Rank IV

Traveler I

Maryland
Should be a good turnout tomorrow, as the weather should be good compared to the last two weeks. Did we ever establish a rendezvous? The parking lot @ the BBT bank branch is walking distance to Katie’s Coffee Shop. Another option might be to reply to this thread when you arrive?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I havent seen anything established. Dont know how many people plan on going but meeting at the BBT Bank sounds good. I plan on being there @ 6.

pl626

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

McLean, VA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Chen
Member #

Turnout may be lighter due to cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pl626

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

McLean, VA
First Name
Peter
Last Name
Chen
Member #

Sorry, had to roll out. To cold for the little guy
LOL, np, ya’ll we’re out there early. I had to warm up inside of Katie’s. BTW, the Angry Pumpkin Defender is for sale

Didn’t even notice my friend’s rig parked next to it, even w/ the Union Jack spread across the windscreen. Amazed by how many MD people braved the early subzero temps for C&C.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rubicoma

AG Sheep

Rank IV

Traveler I

Maryland
LOL, np, ya’ll we’re out there early. I had to warm up inside of Katie’s. BTW, the Angry Pumpkin Defender is for sale. Didn’t even notice my friend’s rig parked next to it, even w/ the Union Jack spread across the windscreen. Amazed by how many MD people braved the early subzero temps for C&C. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I didn't have the pups then I would have headed in to warm up and grab a cup of coffee. Maybe next time. I now know that my smallest dog wouldn't be to keen on camping out in the cold!

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Hey some plans changed so we're not busy the Saturday after Thanksgiving. We're planning on taking a break from working on the house for a day trip up to Blue Ridge for their flea market.

Leaving Woodbridge in early AM. Let me know if anyone wants to join we can caravan.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using OB Talk mobile app

Rubicoma

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Chesterfield, VA
First Name
James
Last Name
Coon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE4GIV
Hey some plans changed so we're not busy the Saturday after Thanksgiving. We're planning on taking a break from working on the house for a day trip up to Blue Ridge for their flea market.

Leaving Woodbridge in early AM. Let me know if anyone wants to join we can caravan.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using OB Talk mobile app
What route are you taking? I'm in Richmond. If I go, I'll take 360 to 460 to Bedford.

Reactions: geekyadam