US East Northern VA / MD Monthly Meetups

• HTML tutorial

DRJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Springfield, VA
Member #

I'll be attending the flagpole trip. I'll head out on Friday evening, staying the night and running the trail Saturday. I have a conflict on Sunday, so I'll be leaving after the Saturday trip.

@geekyadam, @wk2blackpearl, and anyone else that plan to leave on Friday night let me know if you guys want to caravan and we can coordinate a local rally point before we head out west.

@KephartRC let me know how you want to receive payment for the campsite and what the costs are when you find out. Thank you for working on the logistics for the campsite(s)!

Reactions: wk2blackpearl

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

I just got my lift installed and a slightly bigger, slightly more off-roadable tire. Let's roll (until I get stuck, anyway)!
Eager to see that new 5th gen with lift installed and new tires!

@geekyadam, @wk2blackpearl, and anyone else that plan to leave on Friday night let me know if you guys want to caravan and we can coordinate a local rally point before we head out west.
Yeah I'm down. Up to Springfield would be backtracking a bit, so you guys want to meet here in Woodbridge then head out to Nokesville through Culpepper via US-29? @wk2blackpearl and I planned on leaving Woodbridge between 5-6PM which puts us in Stokesville Campground around 9PM to set up camp. I'm debating maybe grabbing quick dinner in Woodbridge [or at home] and give traffic an hour to die down, but that puts us at camp even later so unsure about that.

DRJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Springfield, VA
Member #

Eager to see that new 5th gen with lift installed and new tires!

Yeah I'm down. Up to Springfield would be backtracking a bit, so you guys want to meet here in Woodbridge then head out to Nokesville through Culpepper via US-29? @wk2blackpearl and I planned on leaving Woodbridge between 5-6PM which puts us in Stokesville Campground around 9PM to set up camp. I'm debating maybe grabbing quick dinner in Woodbridge [or at home] and give traffic an hour to die down, but that puts us at camp even later so unsure about that.
The earliest I can head out is around 6pm as I finish work at 5:45pm that day. I think heading down to Woodbridge will be pretty bad from Springfield at that hour. How about we meet somewhere off of 66 since we're both going to have to merge onto 66 somewhere down the line (I'm guessing somewhere around Gainesville if you guys plan on taking the local roads to 66). The best route for me is probably going to be taking 286 to 66.

I was also thinking about eating before I leave or grabbing something on the way, so that I only have to set up camp and enjoy the fire that night rather than to have to cook & clean up at the campsite. I also plan on stopping by the gas station at [211 N Main St, Bridgewater, VA 22812 - there's also a 7-11 here] that night before heading into camp. The Saturday morning rally point is 12 miles from this gas station, so I figured I'd fill up Friday night and knock off one thing off of the list before hitting the trail.

Reactions: Epic Overland

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

The earliest I can head out is around 6pm as I finish work at 5:45pm that day. I think heading down to Woodbridge will be pretty bad from Springfield at that hour. How about we meet somewhere off of 66 since we're both going to have to merge onto 66 somewhere down the line (I'm guessing somewhere around Gainesville if you guys plan on taking the local roads to 66). The best route for me is probably going to be taking 286 to 66.

I was also thinking about eating before I leave or grabbing something on the way, so that I only have to set up camp and enjoy the fire that night rather than to have to cook & clean up at the campsite. I also plan on stopping by the gas station at [211 N Main St, Bridgewater, VA 22812 - there's also a 7-11 here] that night before heading into camp. The Saturday morning rally point is 12 miles from this gas station, so I figured I'd fill up Friday night and knock off one thing off of the list before hitting the trail.
I was thinking about avoiding 66 at all costs haha. We could go that route though, and according to GMaps its supposed to be faster somehow I guess...? (has anyone ever said "route 66" and "faster" in the same sentence before???)
I'll text you day before/day of.

DRJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Springfield, VA
Member #

I was thinking about avoiding 66 at all costs haha. We could go that route though, and according to GMaps its supposed to be faster somehow I guess...? (has anyone ever said "route 66" and "faster" in the same sentence before???)
I'll text you day before/day of.
LOL. Works for me. I think 66 is shown as the faster route due to the speed limit. I am all for avoiding 66 and taking some other route.

Reactions: geekyadam

Epic Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Washington, D.C.
Member #

Rt. 28 out of Nokesville to Rt. 29 through Madison County then turn right on 33 and take it all the way into Harrisonburg is a good way to go in order to avoid the I-66 mess.

Reactions: 100RNR

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

LOL. Works for me. I think 66 is shown as the faster route due to the speed limit. I am all for avoiding 66 and taking some other route.

@DRJ Yeah I was thinking about the Nokesville route that @KephartRC is referring to. Says 66 is faster, but that may include sitting at 5mph for the first 2 hours...

That route could still work well if you met us somewhere along the way. Your right though, Springfield to Woodbridge during rush hour is brutal. Although, you'll have multiple riders... You could use HOA EZ-PASS for free. Either way no worries, we'll chat day of and figure the details out. All that matters is that we get out of the traffic and the lights and the people for the weekend. Can't wait!