US East Northern VA / MD Monthly Meetups

• HTML tutorial

Epic Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Washington, D.C.
Member #

Kephart can you give us the location of the camp site you're heading to? Something I can put into Google Maps.
Here's the Google maps link. Let me know if it works. Its not the only campground in the area, it's just one I go to because of access to the mountain bike trails, hiking & fly fishing. But the place is a gem.

https://goo.gl/maps/PqekXp9vM1G2

Reactions: geekyadam

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

K it's 7am now and it's showing 66 as fastest route but that's going against traffic. I'm going to try again at 5pm today and see if one of the other routes is better. (Probably take one of the other routes anyway...more time but less stress is normally my preference)

Reactions: Epic Overland

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Should we do a rally point for this meet up?
Yeah I'll do one once we confirm exactly where we're meeting. My plan is to meet at campsite Friday night, then hit trail in morning. We can wait til late morning to give travel time for those waiting til Saturday morning to head out rather than Friday night. So I'll make the rally point for Saturday late morning, say 10am, or is that too early for anyone? Let me know here asap.
@KephartRC is there a gas station near the trailhead that everyone could meet at?

Epic Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Washington, D.C.
Member #

Yeah I'll do one once we confirm exactly where we're meeting. My plan is to meet at campsite Friday night, then hit trail in morning. We can wait til late morning to give travel time for those waiting til Saturday morning to head out rather than Friday night. So I'll make the rally point for Saturday late morning, say 10am, or is that too early for anyone? Let me know here asap.
@KephartRC is there a gas station near the trailhead that everyone could meet at?
Stokesville market is just outside the campground. *they also have a great beer selection

Reactions: geekyadam

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
There's also North River campground in that general area. Its a smaller camp but still nice. I stayed there earlier this year when I ran flag pole.

CO_R1T

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Kaufer
Member #

Woops! I was seemingly out of the loop with messaging yesterday. I have a friend coming into town on Friday afternoon/evening (haven't figured out the arrival time just yet), so we may head up to get there Saturday morning. We would definitely arrive before the Rally Point meet time to exchange pleasantries and what not over some breakfast coffee :sunglasses:.

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Okay I think we just about got this ironed out. Our plan is head to Stokesville Campground Friday 9/15 after 5 or 6pm, arriving there sometime after 8:30pm. Next morning we'll meet up at Stokesville Market for breakfast at 10am. That's where I'll make rally point for.
Stoked to see anyone that can make it!

Epic Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Washington, D.C.
Member #

Okay I think we just about got this ironed out. Our plan is head to Stokesville Campground Friday 9/15 after 5 or 6pm, arriving there sometime after 8:30pm. Next morning we'll meet up at Stokesville Market for breakfast at 10am. That's where I'll make rally point for.
Stoked to see anyone that can make it!
Once we get some tentative numbers, I'll message Chris Scott, the owner and let him know. Depending on how many rigs we've got I'll have him block off Overland Bound member area. The place is typically never packed with the exception of big mountain bike race weekends.

AG Sheep

Rank IV

Traveler I

Maryland
I will probably make the 10am rally point on Sat. My wife wants to go so getting off work, heading home in Waldorf traffic, then packing everything up and heading out will take some time. Idk if anyone is bring dogs but I will have 2. Their first time camping so bare with us on that!

AG Sheep

Rank IV

Traveler I

Maryland