Northeast WA, ID panhandle 5/26-5/28/17 (Memorial weekend)

• HTML tutorial

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
I will be calling the ranger stations along the route this week, but I'm sure at least some of it will have snow, and could be closed still. I still plan on leaving on Friday morning. Even if some of the route is closed, we will still be able to explore some of the lower sections. I plan on running the route soon, also.
A member of the NWOL group has a six year old little girl who is wondering if there will be any other kids along?

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
I would say you'll be pretty safe bringing along whatever you take to 7 mile, @Dustin S. Godtfring . A tent, food and drinks, and a sleeping bag. It's all forest service roads, but since we don't know if the higher sections will be open yet, we may need recovery gear. I'm calling tomorrow to ask the ranger stations how conditions are.

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
I talked to a Ranger today. Apparently, no one has even checked the roads yet. At least nobody has let the ranger station know if there was any damage to the roads. But, I am sure FR302 has snow on it. Probably a good amount of snow to.

NW David

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gig Harbor, WA
Member #

It's sposed to be warming up real quick. I'm not super worried yet, now if it were the 25th I'd start to pucker. Granted that's just me and my /meh attitude towards planning...[emoji28]

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
Well, tomorrow is the 12th already! If you're planning on making it for this trip, please send me a PM. I'm pretty sure we're going to have to drop half of the first day off. I've encountered snow on Pass creek pass on memorial weekend before, and those times tye snowfall was far less than this winters. @Sandpoint Steve are you still interested in just going on Friday if we do not head up to Nordman?

Once again, please send me a PM so I can get an accurate count,

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
Sorry, it's 5am and I'm a little groggy. We will head up to Metaline Falls Wa, not Nordman Id the first day. Thank you

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

Trip got cut super short due to a few reasons.
My jeep kinda sploded all over the road lol
Power steering pump, pulley, tensioner pulley, lower hydraulic line, and serpentine belt.
Lots of fun lol

I'll post all the pics and videos prolly tomorrow afternoon/night.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dustin S. Godtfring