Northeast WA, ID panhandle 5/26-5/28/17 (Memorial weekend)

• HTML tutorial

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
As of right now, I have 5 rigs going: @timberwolf_120 , @Dustin S. Godtfring , @Pd.Dross, my friend (I have him checking out the forum, hopefully he joins up!), and myself.
There is 4 others that are interested, so that is a tentative 9 rigs. I think 12 rigs should be max. Let's shoot for May 12 for a cutoff date. That leaves 2 weeks to sort things out with those of us who are going.
There is 2 months until the cutoff date. I will check in from time to time if no one else posts just so the trip stays somewhat relevant and easy to find. If anyone has any questions or knows others who may be interested, feel free to ask.

badmnky

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

PNW E. WA
Member #

Will do. It's probably waist deep right now. lol
I'm sure it's waist deep, I just drove from bead lake over to the access road that is a direct shot down to the bridge at Ione, I think it leads to Skookum lake too. There are pictures on my IG @twigcrusher.

Just past cooks lake there was an abandon (probably that day) Chevy Silverado stuck, I had to go around, I almost slid into him.

When I got out a few times to dig out when I was stuck, I sunk hip deep in the snow. It can't be better further north.

Anyway it was fun check out the pics to see some of the adventure.

Posted via mobile.

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
I'm sure it's waist deep, I just drove from bead lake over to the access road that is a direct shot down to the bridge at Ione, I think it leads to Skookum lake too. There are pictures on my IG @twigcrusher.

Just past cooks lake there was an abandon (probably that day) Chevy Silverado stuck, I had to go around, I almost slid into him.

When I got out a few times to dig out when I was stuck, I sunk hip deep in the snow. It can't be better further north.

Anyway it was fun check out the pics to see some of the adventure.

Posted via mobile.
I hope the rain knocks some of it down this week. I haven't heard if it's supposed to snow more up high or not. I started following you this morning, but I haven't had the chance to see your pics yet.

Pd.Dross

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Rio Rancho, NM, USA
First Name
Douglas
Last Name
Dross
Member #

I'm Up for this, I just hope I can get my lift installed and buy the new tires by that time. I'm just about finished putting the final touches in my Bantam. Just got to weather proof it in and pack the bearings and add the lights. It'll be just be for gear hauling for now. @Captain Chaos can you bring some maps to the Thursday meeting?

Reactions: Dustin S. Godtfring

War machine

Rank II

Advocate I

Well I took the old war machine out today after putting the h1's back on it's been sitting for 4 years it did great, but found out the good old Chevy gear box course hit Pittman arm shaft is dumping power steering fluid. And it now has a death shake like crazy at 35 mph, in which it's never had before. So up in the air and start replacing old warn parts lol.

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
Honestly, I'm worried about trail conditions. The way roads are washing out, it makes me wonder how the forest roads are holding up. There's still a**hole deep snow up high also. I will be checking out the route soon. I want to check out some of the lower sections this weekend. Unless it's pouring rain again. @timberwolf_120 looks like you've only got a week and a half or so?

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
Oh, this is 395 abour 10 miles north of Kettle Falls. 20170422_101238.jpg Those are 349 Cat excavators. So, about 100000lb machines. The upper one is sitting on 395 loading trucks.20170422_101245.jpg This happened overnight. We have the job repairing it.