Northeast WA, ID panhandle 5/26-5/28/17 (Memorial weekend)

• HTML tutorial

RedRyder

Rank VI

Influencer I

Rathdrum, ID
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Bendel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6MFB
Service Branch
CA State Guard
Not sure my stock Tacoma is going to be able to make this with that much snow still on the ground. Might just have to wait until my truck is upgraded or an easier trip comes around.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Dustin S. Godtfring

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
Not sure my stock Tacoma is going to be able to make this with that much snow still on the ground. Might just have to wait until my truck is upgraded or an easier trip comes around.

I'm hoping a bunch of it melts beforehand. We have a month. I'm going to check again in a couple weeks.

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
I will say this: You will get pinstripes on the Huckleberry Jeep Trail. I got some new ones this weekend. I hope to go over it in its entirety before memorial weekend. Remember, the Jeep trail is an optional trip. I will be calling the ranger stations along the route to see what is and isn't open. But, I'm planning on F.R.302 being closed. It's high up, and I've encountered snow there in years past on memorial weekend. The rain may help melt the snow, but some of the roads are unstable. Even if some parts are closed, we can find somewhere to explore.

NW David

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gig Harbor, WA
Member #

12 rigs sounds about right for conservation concerns. more than that and I would start worrying about the environmental impact and possible flow issues for other groups or travelers.

If the caravan drops below 10 rigs count me in. My gear is always on hot standby!

NW David

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gig Harbor, WA
Member #

haha, sadly the 10 my limit for Preservation of sanity!
after that, ill start mixing up things being able to remember who's who and whats going on. lol, hell my real number is typically the 10 minus 9 others.... but i also go places where there is more volume with the sole purpose of practicing the lost art of practice.

Though I may hafta jump outa my comfort zone #suckitupbuttercup

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

I will say this: You will get pinstripes on the Huckleberry Jeep Trail. I got some new ones this weekend. I hope to go over it in its entirety before memorial weekend. Remember, the Jeep trail is an optional trip. I will be calling the ranger stations along the route to see what is and isn't open. But, I'm planning on F.R.302 being closed. It's high up, and I've encountered snow there in years past on memorial weekend. The rain may help melt the snow, but some of the roads are unstable. Even if some parts are closed, we can find somewhere to explore.
pintstripes add character :) tho I should I prolly get my limb risers on before this trip lol
gonna be a busy few weeks for me before memorial day especially with moab right after lol

NW David

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gig Harbor, WA
Member #

Alright count me in,

you covered food water and fuel suggestions. i do have a question Family/dog friendly trip or no?

what i pack NOT if i pack is determined by the response :thumbsup:

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
Alright count me in,

you covered food water and fuel suggestions. i do have a question Family/dog friendly trip or no?

what i pack NOT if i pack is determined by the response :thumbsup:
I'm bringing my dogs. I guess I never gave it a thought whether or not dogs would be allowed. Sorry about that. Bring the pooch along!

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
@NW David I'm surprised that you're not signing up for the WABDR run on Memorial weekend. But, I'm thinking about doing the northern half of it Fourth of July weekend, so keep that in mind! lol

NW David

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gig Harbor, WA
Member #

@NW David I'm surprised that you're not signing up for the WABDR run on Memorial weekend. But, I'm thinking about doing the northern half of it Fourth of July weekend, so keep that in mind! lol
Nah, too many rigs for my tastes. I hope by the 4th of July I will be somewhere on NVBDR but I may still be in Idaho still routing that and alternates out