North Carolina

• HTML tutorial

OverlandExploder

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Clemson, South Carolina
Member #

I'm located about 20 minutes outside of Charlotte in Fort Mill, SC. I haven't been able to do much but I'm looking into finding some new spots to expand on my horizons a bit. Here's the most recent picture of my rig, even though a full independent suspension isn't the best, she does her work nicely

Reactions: Ingle939

Ingle939

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Plant city Fl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4AYU
I'm located about 20 minutes outside of Charlotte in Fort Mill, SC. I haven't been able to do much but I'm looking into finding some new spots to expand on my horizons a bit. Here's the most recent picture of my rig, even though a full independent suspension isn't the best, she does her work nicely
Welcome I'm over in kings mountain Nc. IFS is very capable off-road and works just fine for the overland style exploration you just have to know the limitations of your rig. Hope to see you at one of the meet ups or one of the overland events this year

Reactions: OverlandExploder

Contributor II

Great pic. Wife and I just moved from Matthews to Rock Hill. I'll keep an eye out for ya.

NuclearWaters

Rank 0

Contributor I

Hey guys,
New here as well. I'm down in York so not too far from some of you. Did some rock crawling back in the day but haven't been off-road in a while. Just bought a 4runner so I can't wait to explore the area.

Reactions: Hills Overland

brianb2

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Charlotte, NC
Member #

Charlotte here, driving a lifted Jeep on 33s. I do a lot of backpacking and some overlanding. Looking forward to meeting others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NC-Trooper

NC-Trooper

US SouthEast Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

I have noticed there are a couple state specific OB chapters on Facebook. Is there a NC one already? If not, I'd like to start one. I was thinking about it on the way to work and I am able and willing to get something going. Again, assuming there isn't one already.

I have access to a big gravel parking lot that could serve as a meet up spot that is easily accessible for members around and outside of Charlotte for get togethers. (less than a mile from were I-485 & Highway 74 intersect) It's also pretty close to upstate SC as well.

If there is a thread already about this feel free to point me in that direction.

Thanks,
John

Reactions: GXAndy

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Hey, Great to see that folks are looking to get the local stuff going. This is an ongoing discussion right now and we have some stuff in the works. Take a look at this thread so you can see where we are currently as this discussion has happened in the thread. Calling All Florida OB Members

NC-Trooper

Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

Hey, Great to see that folks are looking to get the local stuff going. This is an ongoing discussion right now and we have some stuff in the works. Take a look at this thread so you can see where we are currently as this discussion has happened in the thread. Calling All Florida OB Members
Thanks Chris. I am interested in seeing how this evolves.

Reactions: TerryD

NC-Trooper

Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

Also I drive this Trooper and this Cooper so if you see me around give me a honk and wave.
If it's a dude driving it's me, if it's a terrified looking girl that's my wife lol

Member #4197

Reactions: OverlandExploder

NC-Trooper

Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

How does April 8th for a NC Meet-Up work?

Member #4197

brianb2

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Charlotte, NC
Member #

You talking about a few hours or an all day thing with a destination? Can definitely meet up, grab a beer or something like that. If we're headed somewhere need to rearrange some things. Kids and there activities dominate certain weekends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk