North Carolina

• HTML tutorial

16rav4_project

Rank IV

Influencer II

Shelby,NC
I live an hour from Asheville and 4 hours from Wilmington. But I'm in wilmington once a month for few days just hanging out. I'm down to go just about anywhere

Contributor II

If anyone is interested me and another tacoma will be hitting up Richland rd in about 2 weeks. Im in Dallas NC just outside Gastonia. Let me know if anyone is interested. We could camp if anyone wanted to. Here is a pic of my rig
Pretty sure there is an event going on the weekend after called the Winter Safari.

Might be something to look in to. Wife and I were considering, but it doesn't fit the schedule.

Safe travels and let us know if you make it.

Ingle939

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Plant city Fl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4AYU
If anyone is interested me and another tacoma will be hitting up Richland rd in about 2 weeks. Im in Dallas NC just outside Gastonia. Let me know if anyone is interested. We could camp if anyone wanted to. Here is a pic of my rig
Also I don't know if you seen it but we are having a meet up on Jan 14th at Carolina beach state park at 2pm I believe last count was 10-12 rigs on the list so far I'm just down the road from you I'm in kings mountain I'll be making the trip out and camping out at the state park if you can make it out

Ingle939

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Plant city Fl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4AYU
What's Richard. Rd?
It's Richland Rd it's a nice little trail to hit if you're in blowing rock NC it's considered a unimproved rd I don't remember how long it is been awhile sense I've been on it it's got some rock and a few creek crossings every time I would go to Boone I use to hit Richland rd on the way back there use to be a ton of videos on YouTube

redman333

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

That's a very nice Tacoma. Really like it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JOSX2

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Mebane, NC
Member #

It's Richland Rd it's a nice little trail to hit if you're in blowing rock NC it's considered a unimproved rd I don't remember how long it is been awhile sense I've been on it it's got some rock and a few creek crossings every time I would go to Boone I use to hit Richland rd on the way back there use to be a ton of videos on YouTube
Two things about Richland Rd:
1) although Richland Rd is public access, the bridge that crosses the creek at the start of it IS private property. So, when wheeling there, please be sure you DON'T cross that bridge, go thru the creek.

2) It's a little more than an unimproved road ;-) although that's what the state considers it, it's more/less a trail. There's one ascent after a creek crossing that I'm pretty sure a non-lifted rig *may* have a little struggle with.

Sent from my Droid Turbo 2

Ingle939

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Plant city Fl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4AYU
Two things about Richland Rd:
1) although Richland Rd is public access, the bridge that crosses the creek at the start of it IS private property. So, when wheeling there, please be sure you DON'T cross that bridge, go thru the creek.

2) It's a little more than an unimproved road ;-) although that's what the state considers it, it's more/less a trail. There's one ascent after a creek crossing that I'm pretty sure a non-lifted rig *may* have a little struggle with.

Last time I ran it was over 8 years ago haha so I'm sure it's changed a little bit last time I was on it I was in a 2" lifted zj and didn't have much trouble thanks for adding info

Reactions: JOSX2

JOSX2

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Mebane, NC
Member #

I've ran it once, back in March last year. Looking to run it again with my tribal Nissan group in 2017 once or twice

Reactions: Ingle939

Eastern Cape Overland

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Cape Hatteras
Member #

New member here from just north of Raleigh NC. Currently Rig shopping but looking forward to meeting others!
welcome! We are having some members and others meet at Carolina Beach State Park January 14 around 2. If you are in the area. There will be 20+ rigs there you can look at that might help with your shopping and lots of people to talk about GEAR1

Reactions: Ingle939

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
Thanks for the invite! I'll be busy packing for a business trip. Going to Vegas on Sunday for a week for the SHOT show.

Ingle939

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Plant city Fl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4AYU
I just posted a RTT for sale in the gear section if anyone is looking for a cheap one

Rodneyrdm

Rank 0

Contributor I

North Carolina
First Name
Rodney
Last Name
ABCDEF
Member #

Any one have any info on richland rd. Ive heard a ton about it and a lot of conflicting info too.
I just ran Richland rd yesterday, and also last Saturday with a group. It's not to bad. I would recommend some type of suspension upgrades there are a few spots that can be a little challenging but it's nothing extreme

redman333

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Any one have any info on richland rd. Ive heard a ton about it and a lot of conflicting info too.
What info are you looking for? We ran it with a group maybe a month ago or so. We had my vehicle a 100 series land cruiser on 35s, a stock 80 series land cruiser and a jeep jk on 37s with a trailer. All made it through just fine. Like someone said above there's a bridge on the trail that's private property so you have to go through the creek. If I remember correctly it marked private so you should know. They mentioned it was at the beginning of the trail but it depends on which way you go through the road. We went through from north to south which is the opposite way most go so the bridge was at the end. There's a fairly large step up or drop down depending on which way you run it but since we had the stock 80 series with us we decided to go down that big drop. Though it would be easier.

Elan

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Reidsville NC, 27320
Member #

What info are you looking for? We ran it with a group maybe a month ago or so. We had my vehicle a 100 series land cruiser on 35s, a stock 80 series land cruiser and a jeep jk on 37s with a trailer. All made it through just fine. Like someone said above there's a bridge on the trail that's private property so you have to go through the creek. If I remember correctly it marked private so you should know. They mentioned it was at the beginning of the trail but it depends on which way you go through the road. We went through from north to south which is the opposite way most go so the bridge was at the end. There's a fairly large step up or drop down depending on which way you run it but since we had the stock 80 series with us we decided to go down that big drop. Though it would be easier.

I was just wanting to know if the trials were well marked I just didn't want to get on private property.