North Carolina

• HTML tutorial

Contributor II

To those who have run it recently... any pics or vids? Would love the perspective. Thanks in advance for the insight and sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redman333

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

To those who have run it recently... any pics or vids? Would love the perspective. Thanks in advance for the insight and sharing.

I've got some video from our group that went through but I haven't uploaded any of it yet. When I wanted to go through it though I looked up an dual sport rider that goes through the entire trail and comments as he's going through it. That's how I scouted the trail before we went. I'll do a quick search and see if I can find a link to it.

Reactions: Chris St. Clair

redman333

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

If you go to her channel I believe she also does hurricane creek and a couple other trails in the area.

Contributor I

New member and also new to NC I'm in Greensboro. I'm a beginner and looking for events or meet ups. If any pop up can someone let me know. Thinking about URE beginners class. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
Welco
New member and also new to NC I'm in Greensboro. I'm a beginner and looking for events or meet ups. If any pop up can someone let me know. Thinking about URE beginners class. Thanks

Welcome to the group! I'm only about 40 minutes from you. Sort of new myself. Uwharrie is where most people go in the area. I'm thinking of hitting up that and camping at badin lake at some point this year. Brown mtn out towards asheville would be another option. Lastly we have all the beach driving you could muster in NC I need to try out as well.

Reactions: OverlandExploder

Contributor I

Welco

Welcome to the group! I'm only about 40 minutes from you. Sort of new myself. Uwharrie is where most people go in the area. I'm thinking of hitting up that and camping at badin lake at some point this year. Brown mtn out towards asheville would be another option. Lastly we have all the beach driving you could muster in NC I need to try out as well.
Hello and thank you. If there is ever a group or yourself that would like to meet up that won't mind a beginner tagging along let me know. We would like to me some new people out here.

Reactions: OverlandExploder

snewcombe

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Charlotte, Mecklenburg County, North Carolina, United States
First Name
Spence
Last Name
Newcombe
Member #

I'm in Gastonia and don't know why I'm just seeing this thread. I was in Knoxville, TN and head that way to go on trips with East Tennessee Overlanders fairly often. I'm all over the state from Raleigh to Wilmington to Duck. I'd love to meet up with some of y'all and roll through the hills.

Ingle939

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Plant city Fl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4AYU

Welcome

Me and a few others just got back from exploring the Wilson creek area we are going to try and start doing a
A small trip one or two times a month I'll let you know the next time we head out it normally just mild stuff at the moment because I'm limited to 2wd

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
Welcome

Me and a few others just got back from exploring the Wilson creek area we are going to try and start doing a
A small trip one or two times a month I'll let you know the next time we head out it normally just mild stuff at the moment because I'm limited to 2wd
MI'll sounds good to me, just rocking a Subaru right now with no mods yet till spring.

Ingle939

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Plant city Fl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4AYU
MI'll sounds good to me, just rocking a Subaru right now with no mods yet till spring.
Good deal I don't think I will be going out it feb if I do it will be the last weekend of the month but I will definitely be doing an over night trip on the weekend of march 18th I don't know where yet maybe finish exploring Wilson creek area and camp and I'm open to ideas

Contributor I

Welcome

Awesome thanks. Yea let us know I'm all stock 4Runner. We would be interested.

Reactions: Ingle939

Big E

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Morganton, NC
Member #

New member just joined a while back. Am in Morganton. Am interested in any info or rides for Richland rd. and Maxpatch. Love to run 105, or Wilson's Creek.

Ingle939

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Plant city Fl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4AYU
I know this is last minute but me and one other OB member are going to Wilson creek this saterday 2/11 to finish mapping and exploring the area. We will mostly be on the service road nothing hardcore just stuff stock vehicles can do. We will be meeting at bojangles at 9:30am
900 N Green St
Morganton, NC 28655
United States

All are welcome this trip does not have a planned route it has a starting point I've been mapping the area and marking camping locations on HemaExplorer and Gaia maps so I can share with others new to the area

Reactions: Chris St. Clair

Big E

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Morganton, NC
Member #

I know this is last minute but me and one other OB member are going to Wilson creek this saterday 2/11 to finish mapping and exploring the area. We will mostly be on the service road nothing hardcore just stuff stock vehicles can do. We will be meeting at bojangles at 9:30am
900 N Green St
Morganton, NC 28655
United States

All are welcome this trip does not have a planned route it has a starting point I've been mapping the area and marking camping locations on HemaExplorer and Gaia maps so I can share with others new to the area
might be doing the firewood thing but may be able to find some time that day.

Ingle939

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Plant city Fl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4AYU
Sorry that there wasn't a heads up sooner I thought I was going to be out of town for work but it got pushed back till middle of the week

brianb2

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Charlotte, NC
Member #

I'm backpacking with a buddy in the Gorge this weekend or I'd join you guys. I'll be sort of close by. If you're interested, I've got a bunch of backpacking gps points and routes I can share for Wilson's Creek area.

Reactions: Ingle939