North Carolina

• HTML tutorial

NCtrail4R

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Charlotte, NC
Member #

Charlotte here. Don't know of anything around Charlotte, but there are some good forest service roads that boarder on trails near Boone plus Brown Mountain, and Uwharrie is always an option.

For those of you that go to Freeman Park - don't forget that they offer annual passes the first few weeks of December for around half price. I think it's a way for locals to get a decent rate for their pass before they jack the prices up for tourists.

Elan

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Reidsville NC, 27320
Member #

Going up to Sylva this weekend and was looking at a road/trail called Caney Fork Creek Road. There isn't much information on it online, does any one here know anything about it or driven it?

JOSX2

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Mebane, NC
Member #

so just a heads up...I"m doing a URE wheeling event this coming Saturday - Dec. 10 if anyone wants to get a last-season run in before they close for the season on the 15th

Reactions: 18163.175

Elan

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Reidsville NC, 27320
Member #

Made a weekend trip up to Sylva and had a great time, logged a good amount miles of trail in a day. We did Caney Fork and Moses Creek with some of the open side trails on moses creek. I would say if your in the area these would be worth exploring. The side trails close the 15th of December but I think the main trail stays open as long as its drivable. I would have some more pictures but my phone wouldn't act right. IMG_1056.jpgIMG_1055.jpgIMG_1049.jpgIMG_1054.jpg

redman333

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Wilmington Here also. My names Jared. Usually just go to Fort fisher in town but head to the mountains a lot to do some camping there. If anytime you ever see my rig, come up and say hi. I love talking to anyone interested in exploring the outdoors.