Launch Member

Advocate III

Vacaville, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Mulrooney
Member #

My buddy @1largemouth is gonna go to.. I am coming from livermore and he is coming from martinez. We are thinking about heading up saturday afternoon and canping near by.. Ummmm.. Pick a landmark in town and we can all meet there. What time r u thinking? @Justin_0237
Awesome more people the better. I'm thinking kinda early maybe 9 meetup? Or any other time in mind? And I looked up a gas station that everyone can fill up at before we hit the trail and there is only one in downieville, which is a 76. So we can all meet up there?

O.Dfj

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Foothill Farms
Member #

Awesome more people the better. I'm thinking kinda early maybe 9 meetup? Or any other time in mind? And I looked up a gas station that everyone can fill up at before we hit the trail and there is only one in downieville, which is a 76. So we can all meet up there?
The gas station has no parking lot. when you pull into town there is a parking lot for the visitors center which is right next to the gas station. The gas station is closed on sunday but you can pay at the pump with credit cards.

Reactions: Justin_0237

Wolfy

Rank V

Advocate I

Reno
I've been wanting to check out Poker Flat. It's part of the Plumas BDT. It looks like it is a 1 hour windy road drive from Downieville to Poker Flat and then the trail is from there to LaPorte.

Also want to do Signal Peak some time.

-M

O.Dfj

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Foothill Farms
Member #

I've been wanting to check out Poker Flat. It's part of the Plumas BDT. It looks like it is a 1 hour windy road drive from Downieville to Poker Flat and then the trail is from there to LaPorte.

Also want to do Signal Peak some time.

-M
Poker flat is a cool trail. Lots of gold rush history if i end up making it on this trip it will be the 3rd time this summer i have ran it.

Justin_0237

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate III

Vacaville, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Mulrooney
Member #

The gas station has no parking lot. when you pull into town there is a parking lot for the visitors center which is right next to the gas station. The gas station is closed on sunday but you can pay at the pump with credit cards.
Ok good to know so we can meet up in the the visitors center parking lot and if anyone needs gas than they can stop and get some (I know I will) lol

GHOSTFJ

Rank II

Advocate II

Nice.. No ham for me yet.. Never thought that many people got into it. @GHOSTFJ
HAM is just better for communication. I've been wheeling since 2009 and just got HAM licensed this March for a trip to Moab. Was able to communicate with friends over 25miles away with just a handheld Baofeng. Do it and you'll never go back.

101Tundra

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Willits, CA, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Tyler
Member #

Unfortunately not going to make it[emoji22]. Due date for new arrival is to close. Really wanted to meet up with ya'all. Sounds like alot of fun. Have a good/safe trip. Hopefully ill be able to meet up with everyone soon. Also sounds like i need to get ham radio. Ill check into that.