NorCal trip August 21

• HTML tutorial

GHOSTFJ

Rank II

Advocate II

Who has a cb everyone coming with me should have one. I also have a couple hand held walkie talkies.
CB is currently unplugged. Have not used it in over a year. If no one else has HAM, I'll hook it back up. Me, my wife and dog will be coming from Galt. Will meet you guys at Elk Horn/ Diablo spot. Will be in a green 80...

FB_IMG_1462327798193.jpg

O.Dfj

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Foothill Farms
Member #

CB is currently unplugged. Have not used it in over a year. If no one else has HAM, I'll hook it back up. Me, my wife and dog will be coming from Galt. Will meet you guys at Elk Horn/ Diablo spot. Will be in a green 80...

View attachment 6864
If you see a mall crawler looking fj cruiser and a pos f150 that has rust falling off it you have found us lol

Justin_0237

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate III

Vacaville, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Mulrooney
Member #

Sorry all! I'm having to drop outta this one! I had some unexpected bills up and just can't afford the gas right now. I hope to see some bad ass pictures of this trip!

bandy

Rank 0

Traveler I

Anyone doing a late train? ... Downieville is 4 hrs from here, the wife won't agree to leaving at 5am. Maybe 11-12 from the town center?

bandy

Rank 0

Traveler I

HAM is just better for communication. I've been wheeling since 2009 and just got HAM licensed this March for a trip to Moab. Was able to communicate with friends over 25miles away with just a handheld Baofeng. Do it and you'll never go back.
I've got the same handheld and have been thinking about HAM... DO you have any more info on how to get licensed?