Member #

Reactions: picklejuice

t3qrunner

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

Member #

Hey team,

I'll be honest, this team building event the fam and I attended just finished up... so if I'm there in the morning, awesome.

If not, there's a group of 4Runner hoodlums meeting at 21st Amendment Brewery in San Leandro at 8 PM that I'm also potentially going to, and I'm pretty sure the guys would be happy to share a brew and talk shop with y'all as well.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: 85Blazer-Keat

Taoracer

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

D'oh!!Just came across this thread now!
If another east bay meet happens, I'm down...

You can run what you brung. But do it with pride!!

Reactions: 85Blazer-Keat

picklejuice

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Bay Area, CA
Member #

Hey guys, it was super cool to meet everyone! Being that remembering names is a skill that I don't have, I'll reintroduce myself so you can put a name to a face - I'm JC, the dude with the 100 Series LX. Turnout was better than I thought, and being a noob, it was such a great learning experience. Special thanks to Tom, the guy in the Disco, who bought me my coffee!!

Anyway, here are some of the pics that I promised. Hopefully ya'll have upgraded from dial-up by now :)
_DSC0161.JPG _DSC0159.JPG _DSC0158.JPG _DSC0157.JPG _DSC0156.JPG _DSC0153.JPG

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve and stoney126

85Blazer-Keat

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Livermore, ca
Member #

Nice to see Chris and Tom made it out. Wish I could have made it. Let's do something next month. Keat I love your truck and trailer. Where are you working now?

Sent from my iPhone using Overland Bound Talk
Great meeting everyone! @BEAR I'm a medic with paramedics plus, and still working at the machine shop. Where are you working now?

tom

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Francisco Peninsula
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Owen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG6DHD
JC,

Thanks for kicking this off and getting folks going.

It was said again at this event, "Overland Bound community is a great group of forums. Nice people who seem willing to help and share ideas, no drama or flaming etc.." Well, same holds true when you meet fellow OB members in person. Whether in a parking lot of on the trail, same courtesy and respect but with a dash on instant bonding. Easy to meet and stories were plenty...

By last count there were 7 trucks with two "visitors":

JC - Lexus Series 100 (factory gold badging with meats on steel wheels - Awesome!)
Keith - '90 Toyota flatbed (Mullett) and custom trailer (M101 variant) (IG@Condent_4x4 )
Matt - Textbook Tacoma - beautifully done and well used
Alex - 4Runner* - New and Super Clean (*left before photo)
Brendan - Jeep JK imported from Chicago (this truck has some battle scars from some very entertaining stories of adventure) How long to get a clutch replied in Montana? anybody?? :-)
Tom - Land Rover Discovery Series 1 (IG @TomOwen / @NCLRClub)
Chris - '89 Land Rover Camel Trophy 110 (Himalaya event Scout duty) - Thanks for the shade!
2016-06-04 11.09.44 HDR.jpg

When you put 7 overland rigs in a parking lot, people look... We met Alan in his new Range Rover Sport who was looking for something like OB to learn and prepare to take his wife and young family camping beyond the pavement. While chatting, and old friend of his, Alex (?) came up to say hello and he recently bought a Land Rover Discovery Sport. Both were sent to OB.COM so, Alan and Alex(?) if you are reading this, WELCOME!!

Great to meet folks in person and I'm positive one of our next conversations will be over the radio then around a campfire!

Cheers,

Tom

Last edited:

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

JC,

It was said again at this event, "Overland Bound community is a great group of forums. Nice people who seem willing to help and share ideas, no drama or flaming etc.." Well, same holds true when you meet fellow OB members in person. Whether in a parking lot of on the trail, same courtesy and respect but with a dash on instant bonding. Easy to meet and stories were plenty...

JC - Lexus Series 100 (factory gold badging with meats on steel wheels - Awesome!)
Keith - '90 Toyota flatbed (Mullett) and custom trailer (M101 variant) (IG@Condent_4x4 )
Brendan - Jeep JK imported from Chicago (this truck has some battle scars from some very entertaining stories of adventure) How long to get a clutch replied in Montana? anybody?? :-)
Chris - '89 Land Rover Camel Trophy 110 (Himalaya event Scout duty) - Thanks for the shade!
View attachment 4650

When you put 7 overland rigs in a parking lot, people look... We met Alan in his new Range Rover Sport who was looking for something like OB to learn and prepare to take his wife and young family camping beyond the pavement. While chatting, and old friend of his, Alex (?) came up to say hello and he recently bought a Land Rover Discovery Sport. Both were sent to OB.COM so, Alan and Alex(?) if you are reading this, WELCOME!!

Great to meet folks in person and I'm positive one of our next conversations will be over the radio then around a campfire!

Cheers,

Tom
Wish I could have made it. Work called.

Barney Riley next weekend though!

Reactions: t3qrunner and O.Dfj

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Wish I could have made it. Work called.

Barney Riley next weekend though!
JC,

View attachment 4650

Cheers,

Tom
How did we not know about this! Well we need to meet next time for sure! So awesome you guys got together! Thats what it is all about!

M

Reichling

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Boise County, ID, USA
Member #

Hey guys, it was super cool to meet everyone! Being that remembering names is a skill that I don't have, I'll reintroduce myself so you can put a name to a face - I'm JC, the dude with the 100 Series LX. Turnout was better than I thought, and being a noob, it was such a great learning experience. Special thanks to Tom, the guy in the Disco, who bought me my coffee!!

Anyway, here are some of the pics that I promised. Hopefully ya'll have upgraded from dial-up by now :)
View attachment 4631 View attachment 4632 View attachment 4633 View attachment 4634 View attachment 4635 View attachment 4636
JC,

View attachment 4650

Cheers,

Tom
Had a great time! Was awesome meeting everyone. See you next time!