Launch Member

Influencer II

Concord, California, United States
First Name
Barron
Last Name
Flanders
Member #

Hey guys, sounds like there's interest. Let's shoot for mid-July. Unfortunately I can't make it during the work week, for obvious reasons. Sorry @Justin_0237. I can definitely do Sunday. Does the East Bay sound like another good spot to meet, or should we go elsewhere? I know that a few of us had to travel about an hour to get down there, but I'm okay with that. Maybe we can do a picnic this go around? Perhaps a park somewhere? Thoughts? Just a spot with some shade this time!!
If we meet in a park we could all learn different ways of making camp coffee and see which way is he best. [emoji6]

El Solis

Rank V
Investor

Traveler II

Livermore, CA, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6CQE
I'm going old school percolator for my next trip. Jet boil is fast but the coffee cools down while brewing and there are grounds in it and most importantly it takes more water to clean it than you get back in coffee.

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

If we meet in a park we could all learn different ways of making camp coffee and see which way is he best. [emoji6]
Challenge accepted! Actually mine always comes out......chewy lol. I like the idea of the park too. Some grilling and rig talk

Reactions: BEAR

BEAR

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

First Name
Barron
Last Name
Flanders
Member #

I've been using the via. The powdered stuff from Starbucks. It's easy but I don't really like it. I'm thinking about getting a French press or find something better

Reactions: WCO_Ryan

El Solis

Rank V
Investor

Traveler II

Livermore, CA, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6CQE
Go cheapo dollar store percolator! I'm telling you man! French press is nice and all but hard to clean on the trail. Next time we are together I'll make you a pot with the jetboil French press, you'll see [emoji106]

BEAR

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

First Name
Barron
Last Name
Flanders
Member #

I've had jet boil out on the fire line. It's okay. It's slightly better than via but like you said not worth the hassle. Thats why I haven't got one yet. I'm holding out to find something better

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

I use a French press. Though I'm new to it and my coffee doesn't taste very good and lots of grounds. I use to throw it in some boiling water but the wife has put some Polish on me

El Solis

Rank V
Investor

Traveler II

Livermore, CA, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6CQE
Percolator! Takes some time but cleaning is easy and taste is awesome. Been practicing at home. Using the jetboil burner to heat it up so no extra stove

Crispy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

I use a French press. Though I'm new to it and my coffee doesn't taste very good and lots of grounds. I use to throw it in some boiling water but the wife has put some Polish on me
Timing is everything. Boil your water. Use a coarse grind so you don't get coffee grinds. Let water cool for a minute and pour just enough to wet the grounds and let the coffee beans bloom. After another minute pour the rest of your water and let it sit for 3 minutes with the press lid on to hold the heat. Then press it and pour. Yum! Clean up is as simple as a quick rinse and your garden will love the grounds.

Reactions: stoney126 and BEAR

Crispy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

Go cheapo dollar store percolator! I'm telling you man! French press is nice and all but hard to clean on the trail. Next time we are together I'll make you a pot with the jetboil French press, you'll see [emoji106]
Nothing wrong with the percolator. It's fantastic for family's. It just yields more coffee than I need and takes up quiet a bit of space.