Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alameda CA
First Name
Mitch
Last Name
Hammond
Member #

I thought this was about a casual meet up on a semi regular basis. I would be open to inviting a group to wheel at my cattle ranch just outside of Hollister. There is a class 5 creek bottom that out 4 wheel drive club enjoys with lots of escape routes to avoid body damage.
I just ask that everybody signs liability release forms and to respect the property like it's their own backyard.
Here's a few pictures

tom

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Francisco Peninsula
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Owen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG6DHD
I thought this was about a casual meet up on a semi regular basis. I would be open to inviting a group to wheel at my cattle ranch just outside of Hollister. There is a class 5 creek bottom that out 4 wheel drive club enjoys with lots of escape routes to avoid body damage.
I just ask that everybody signs liability release forms and to respect the property like it's their own backyard.
Here's a few pictures<snip><snip><snip><Snip to save space and screen real estate>
Uhm... Yes Please! :-)

Looks great, Would love to compare notes, a good friend has spread to the South/East of HH...

Great offer, thanks again!

mitchandbuck

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alameda CA
First Name
Mitch
Last Name
Hammond
Member #

Uhm... Yes Please! :-)

Looks great, Would love to compare notes, a good friend has spread to the South/East of HH...

Great offer, thanks again!
Our ranch is on Panoche Road SE of Hollister. About 45 minutes up the hill

mitchandbuck

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alameda CA
First Name
Mitch
Last Name
Hammond
Member #

This is what I'd like to suggest. I have not had an opportunity to do a single run with you guys yet. I would like for somebody who is a regular "run goer" and PM me I will work with them and create a date and a plan.
For my 4 wheel drive club we have pulled event insurance for the larger runs which costs $250 per day. Split up between a crowd makes it super affordable, but if we are only doing 10 rigs or so, I won't require insurance.
Let's see where this goes

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

The problem is, you never know exactly how many will show up to a monthly meetup, so some days you may have 50 people and others you may only have 2. Hard to plan insurance dates for such a unreliable headcount. That being said, a place to wheel, coffee, chat all at the same time is a bigger draw than a parking lot with a couple of curbs to crawl over.

I love your idea, and since I'm probably one of the closest members to you in San Martin, it totally works for me (lol)

Reactions: LoneWolf

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

I mean, would you rather sit in a parking lot and drink overpriced starbucks, or sit on MandB's property with a little camp stove and a percolator, watching folks do this...

tom

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Francisco Peninsula
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Owen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG6DHD
@mitchandbuck - Totally understand and appreciate your position. I think a fair amount can be done to manage expectations on the front end. Over on NCLR, we start with a Gauging Interest Thread, see who's "in" and go from there. Some trips we cap, others are open to public etc... but we try to let folks know what's up in advance. Since there is an insurance component (smart) above a certain threshold, to spell that out, costs, etc.. and then abide by that is completely appropriate in IMO. Another resource for setting up the more 'formal' events/gatherings like these would be to reach out to Corrie who can provide some input as to guidelines etc...

As for a handful (<10) of "local guys" getting together on a Saturday to chew the fat and point at trucks - that's just "guy stuff" ;-)

Great offer and I'll get the address/location of my friend's place - curious to see how close or if you know the family.

Thanks again, Tom

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

Here's a few pictures

wow! Thank you for the generous offer . My thought is if its fat chewing open invite that caps at 10. If its filled, sorry bout your luck and maybe if someone backs out next person in line fills the spot. OB is open arm but anything over 7 rigs seems to be alil chaotic. be awesome to have a non event - event there though.

LoneWolf

Rank 0

Contributor II

My .2 is make it prepaid and plan far out so the event will be held if all spots are filled!

This sounds awesome though I personally wouldn't be equipped to do this but I would love to spectate and meet you all!

Toyotadirtdevil

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Carmichael, California
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Nantz
Member #

Here's a few pictures
That is an amazing offer. Me, personally I don't rock crawl my truck with the likes if the guys that do Fordyce but enjoy small boulders and the like. It sounds like you like on an incredible piece of land.
So I just have a few questions for the people that put on events that say they need insurance, if you sign a release of liability you have accepted that damage or injury may occur. To me that is just every day life when you step out that front door.

What exactly does the insurance cover?

If you are "crawling" I have found that personal insurance will not cover any activity like this.

I only ask because I don't know.
@Michael @Corrie

mitchandbuck

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alameda CA
First Name
Mitch
Last Name
Hammond
Member #

That is an amazing offer. Me, personally I don't rock crawl my truck with the likes if the guys that do Fordyce but enjoy small boulders and the like. It sounds like you like on an incredible piece of land.
So I just have a few questions for the people that put on events that say they need insurance, if you sign a release of liability you have accepted that damage or injury may occur. To me that is just every day life when you step out that front door.

What exactly does the insurance cover?

If you are "crawling" I have found that personal insurance will not cover any activity like this.

I only ask because I don't know.
@Michael @Corrie
We have gotten event insurance through Cal 4 Wheel Drive Association. ( by the way, I highly recommend joining cause they're only about keeping our trails open. $45 annually to be a member).
This offers 2 million dollar aggregate insurance. "Why would you need that? "You might ask. Good question. Fuel leak sparks and burns down my ranch and the neighbors ranch/ cal fire sends me the bill. It can go really bad really fast. $250 a day is cheap.

Reactions: tom and LoneWolf

tom

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Francisco Peninsula
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Owen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG6DHD
We have gotten event insurance through Cal 4 Wheel Drive Association. ( by the way, I highly recommend joining cause they're only about keeping our trails open. $45 annually to be a member).
This offers 2 million dollar aggregate insurance. "Why would you need that? "You might ask. Good question. Fuel leak sparks and burns down my ranch and the neighbors ranch/ cal fire sends me the bill. It can go really bad really fast. $250 a day is cheap.
We've had experience with Cal4 as well as CORVA.

Reactions: VCeXpedition

Cam_Cam_Tech

Rank VI

Pathfinder III

Pleasant Hill, CA
First Name
Camilo
Last Name
Sanchez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QLZ
Here's a few pictures
Thank you for extending that offer to the group. I understand is hard to open up your property to new people and the release of l. is a good idea. Regardless of group size everyone should sign it before going in.
It will be a few months for me to get back out and wheel or wonder around but would love to check it out. I have always loved the terrain in the area, many many many trips to Hollister svra.

mitchandbuck

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alameda CA
First Name
Mitch
Last Name
Hammond
Member #

Ok, I have Veterans Day off. How about casual meet up and overnight camp on November 12th and 13th at my ranch near Hollister.
Limit 10 rigs. Must sign waiver forms. If your bringing a child that's not your own, I will get you a waiver to have parent sign previous to weekend.
Ok, the fun part. I have a very fun creek bottom that we can wheel up. I also have some homesteads and Indian mortars I can show you on our property. Also there is a day trip to New Idrea Mines , a ghost town, about 25 miles up the road.
I would still love to connect with a regular member to help guide me with an outing.

Mitch

maktruk

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Member #

@mitchandbuck I'm in, so is Copper the #crosseyedmutt. Alabama Hills is that weekend but you being closer and wanting an opportunity to pick your brain for ideas trumps AH this time around...we will connect that weekend.

mitchandbuck

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alameda CA
First Name
Mitch
Last Name
Hammond
Member #

Micheal1929, vdawg1115, Tom, Lonewolf, stoney126, maktruk, toyotaPro Concord

Please confirm your first of 10 spot.