No Boundaries - New trailer by Forest River

• HTML tutorial

Pappy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lexington NC.
Member #

Does the trailer give you any issues with towing off road?
We have had it on some forest roads a couple were rutted up and muddy it did good. Just slow it's not a hardcore trailer but so far it's done good and we would get it again. Unless something changes!!

spazatac

Rank 0

Traveler I

Iowa
Forest River :persevere:,

They just released the 19.1 toyhauler though. Its only 7' wide is what caught my eye..

Its so hard finding narrow track 7' wide enclosed trailers its not funny any more..

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Forest River :persevere:,

They just released the 19.1 toyhauler though. Its only 7' wide is what caught my eye..

Its so hard finding narrow track 7' wide enclosed trailers its not funny any more..
I just bought a Forest River NoBo 10.6 and after getting it home and really going thru it, I have to say that it is pretty cheap in quality as well as price. Forest River gets their frames from Lippert and and mine looks to be about 14 guage, or .078 inch...pretty thin stuff. I was lead to NoBo for the "off road" design, but I'm skeptical now after having it and I'd say it's pretty limited and even some of the not so well maintained BLM roads would be a bit much for it.
I jumped on it because of the price, but now I'm regretting it. I had it 3 days and had to send it back for warranty repairs and its been at the manufacture for 3 weeks now and they still haven't gotten around to looking at it yet. The NoBos look cool, but I'd read customer complaints before purchasing one. Check out this link....I found it AFTER buying...https://forest-river.pissedconsumer.com/review.html

Reactions: Oklamopar

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

I just bought a Forest River NoBo 10.6 and after getting it home and really going thru it, I have to say that it is pretty cheap in quality as well as price. Forest River gets their frames from Lippert and and mine looks to be about 14 guage, or .078 inch...pretty thin stuff. I was lead to NoBo for the "off road" design, but I'm skeptical now after having it and I'd say it's pretty limited and even some of the not so well maintained BLM roads would be a bit much for it.
I jumped on it because of the price, but now I'm regretting it. I had it 3 days and had to send it back for warranty repairs and its been at the manufacture for 3 weeks now and they still haven't gotten around to looking at it yet. The NoBos look cool, but I'd read customer complaints before purchasing one. Check out this link....I found it AFTER buying...https://forest-river.pissedconsumer.com/review.html
Sorry to hear you are having issues with yours. I have had some very minor quality control issues with my 19.5, but I fixed them all myself, relatively easily. I bought my trailer with the intention of using it mostly in national parks and developed campgrounds, and I don't plan on taking it off the beaten path much.. But on the other hand, I would expect any of the NOBO trailers to do well offroad, as that is how Forest River markets the brand.

jeepers29

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Georgetown, TX, USA
Member #

Sorry to hear you are having issues with yours. I have had some very minor quality control issues with my 19.5, but I fixed them all myself, relatively easily. I bought my trailer with the intention of using it mostly in national parks and developed campgrounds, and I don't plan on taking it off the beaten path much.. But on the other hand, I would expect any of the NOBO trailers to do well offroad, as that is how Forest River markets the brand.

From my experience with Forest River, their quality is far from what I would say is ready for off road or even forest roads. We never had any big issues once the initial QC items where taken care of but the overall fit and finish was just ok. I do believe an off road adventure would have rattled it to pieces.

laherro

Rank I

Contributor III

We have the Geo Pro its 12 ft with the kitchen in the back. It pulls good with the jeep and so far it has done what we want. Its not for hard core but it works!
What kind of roads have you taken it on? I have a F150 and just started my research into the trailer market. I've been looking at GeoPro/EPro, NoBo, and considering some other options. I really like the new 15TB model for GeoPro. I plan on going off the beaten path somewhat, and using it on BLM/FS roads and primarily as a home base during the hunting season. Not sure if the GeoPro would be up to it. Tough decisions. Anyone know of any other manufacturers I should be looking at it? I want something that I can bring where my truck can go (within reason).

Pappy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lexington NC.
Member #

Its like jeepers29 said they are not hard core. But ours has been good for the trails and roads we have been down . Air down and take your time. Ours has not given us any problems so far but that may change and is expected given what we do with it is it the best thing out there no but for the price it works. We take our time and don't rush over the ruff stuff is it for everyone no but it fits our needs at the moment and we like it.

Attachments

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
From my experience with Forest River, their quality is far from what I would say is ready for off road or even forest roads. We never had any big issues once the initial QC items where taken care of but the overall fit and finish was just ok. I do believe an off road adventure would have rattled it to pieces.
Yeah, Forest River is funny....my water tank bows down real bad when full and there are no supports under it....Forest River solution is to tell me not to fill the water tank over half. Like Scott said earlier, he fixed most things himself and that is basically what everyone buying these units will end up doing. The interior framing is horrible and they use staples which pull apart easily, so I'll either go back with screws or fiberglass around the joints for strength. Also I use a good product from Sherwin Williams called Uniflex which has a great seal tape to use on metal buildings. A $20 roll of the seam tape will do a large trailer easily then just seal it with liquid silicone. I own several strip malls in south Louisiana and with all the rain, leaks are a big problem and I have had great results using Uniflex seam tape and going over it with liquid silicone. Would work great sealing door and window trim as well and any other problem on these campers. I just know to carry extra screws and a tube of urethane sealant...that will fix most problems until I get back home to my shop.

Reactions: Mekcanix

Gstrange

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bowling Green, KY, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Strange
Member #

I looked at a 10.6 hard for a while and decided against it when I found the Intech explore
I’d love a bathroom
But with a JLU it doesn’t have the tow capacity and with 3 kids my goal was everyone sleeping under the same room
The no boundaries looks great in pictures
But the mass produced part of it makes me wonder about quality control
I was reading this thread and was wondering how you have liked your Explore. We are looking at these and wanted your input. What do you like and dislike since purchasing.
Thanks in advance for your input.

Cclandening

Rank 0

Traveler I

Redding
Member #

Salutations friends. Just purchased a new 2019 No Bo 10.6 and have camped in it twice.. It came with a Dometic fridge/freezer so that has been awesome. One issue I am having is that I some how have lost power to the outside outlets and the outlets that the fridge plugs into. I have two brand-new 6 volt batteries and it worked a week ago. So I will try and reset the GFI again, play with the fridge.

Ballbearing

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

US
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Alberring
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AC9YQ
Service Branch
US Army
I'm looking at trailers and came across this thread. Oddly enough, the models mentioned in the 2 previous posts (Intech explore and NoBo 10.6) are 2 that interest me the most. I've also considered the Intech pursue. The Intechs appeal for me is the apparent solid construction.

Any updates on how these trailers are doing?

Thanks

Cclandening

Rank 0

Traveler I

Redding
Member #

Haven't had much experience in the trailer world to be honest, this is my first. For a brand new product "2019" its has some nice designs but also some flaws in my opinion.

Pros, its been great for me, my wife, my 8 year old and my two dogs that weigh 80 lbs each. There is plenty of room, this trailer is easy to two and is a topic of conversation every place I take it. The weight is perfect for what we do, my jeep JKU pulls it just fine.

The cons... They need to rethink the battery location, its hard to access them due to the shape of the front of the trailer. The side walls of the interior are nice but very cheap. The pull out fridge/stove is great but the cord sometimes gets under the track rollers and is a pain in the ass.

Overall I can live with some of the annoying aspects, would I buy the No Bo 10.6 again? Absolutely.

Ballbearing

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

US
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Alberring
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AC9YQ
Service Branch
US Army
Thanks for the information. The nearest dealer to me is about 2 hours away. It sounds like a trip to check one out would be worthwhile.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Thanks for the information. The nearest dealer to me is about 2 hours away. It sounds like a trip to check one out would be worthwhile.
My wife did some of her tweaking and with the walls open like they are, I installed snaps in the walls and she made pouches that can attach via snaps. Helps a lot with organization and storage and the pouches can be unsnapped and swapped out. Put a pouch under the door windows so I can just open the door and grab stuff without climbing in. For the price, its a pretty good deal and its easy to make modifications on it.
The toy hauler door is great...we can load big items, even an ATV and we made a mosquito net screen so we can sleep with the back open if we want. You can probably make 2 legs where the rear door will lay down level and even use it as a small deck.

IMG_3760.JPG

Ballbearing

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

US
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Alberring
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AC9YQ
Service Branch
US Army
Nice modifications. I probably missed it in here, but is the NoBo wood construction or aluminum studs? I see conflicting info on the web.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Nice modifications. I probably missed it in here, but is the NoBo wood construction or aluminum studs? I see conflicting info on the web.
The trailer frame is about 14 gauge steel with a Dexter torsion axle a plywood deck and the shell is a composite with aluminium studs and fiberglass coating exterior. What little framing is inside is up front and that is the nasty part. They used shit wood that looks like the cheap furring strips you find at Home Depot and that has basically a thin plywood like luan stapled to the strips with a vinyl wallpaper skin. The wiring is a rats nest and I had to remove some of the panels inside the slide out compartment in order to install some more 12vdc outlets and stuff. Heres a couple pics of whats inside and how shitty the joints are. But like I said earlier, it upset to see this kind of work on a brand new camper, but its not all that hard to fix to make it right. If you look at getting one, take a minute and check the roof. Its a PVC or rubber membrane and apparently they are cranking these out so fast that they dont always get enough adhesive and mine had big bubbles in it.

IMG_3655.JPGIMG_3763.JPG

Last edited:

Ballbearing

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

US
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Alberring
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AC9YQ
Service Branch
US Army
Thanks for the info and pics. I was afraid of that. I have looked at an Intech Pursue before and it appeared to be really solidly constructed, however, I didn't look under the wall coverings.

Price wise, though, the NoBo seems to offer more value or amenities at least.
I guess it's a tradeoff between strong construction and convenience? I could be wrong about that.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
Thanks for the info and pics. I was afraid of that. I have looked at an Intech Pursue before and it appeared to be really solidly constructed, however, I didn't look under the wall coverings.

Price wise, though, the NoBo seems to offer more value or amenities at least.
I guess it's a tradeoff between strong construction and convenience? I could be wrong about that.
For the price point, the NoBo is pretty good...I think the important parts of the camper are sound, just the framing inside and fit up are bad. Most of the shell components are cut on CNC so they are really good and the doors are good and seal well. I saw several Australian offroad campers that are phenominal, but they start at $40K and go up, if you can even find a dealer in the US. Id rather take the NoBo for $13k and use rest of the money for actual trips... For under $1000, I added a LP hot water heater shower, 200w solar with 2000w inverter, tongue tool box, extra 12v outlets, pouches for the walls, and removed the crap plastic sheet protecting the underbelly and added sheet metal instead. And added straps to the water tank because it bowed down real bad when full...its a nice 30 gal tank, which is pretty impressive for an 8' camper.