No Boundaries - New trailer by Forest River

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

grubworm

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Louisiana, USA
First Name
Thibodaux
Last Name
Louisiana
Member #

Thanks for the info and pics. I was afraid of that. I have looked at an Intech Pursue before and it appeared to be really solidly constructed, however, I didn't look under the wall coverings.

Price wise, though, the NoBo seems to offer more value or amenities at least.
I guess it's a tradeoff between strong construction and convenience? I could be wrong about that.
For the price point, the NoBo is pretty good...I think the important parts of the camper are sound, just the framing inside and fit up are bad. Most of the shell components are cut on CNC so they are really good and the doors are good and seal well. I saw several Australian offroad campers that are phenominal, but they start at $40K and go up, if you can even find a dealer in the US. Id rather take the NoBo for $13k and use rest of the money for actual trips... For under $1000, I added a LP hot water heater shower, 200w solar with 2000w inverter, tongue tool box, extra 12v outlets, pouches for the walls, and removed the crap plastic sheet protecting the underbelly and added sheet metal instead. And added straps to the water tank because it bowed down real bad when full...its a nice 30 gal tank, which is pretty impressive for an 8' camper.

Reactions: Ballbearing

Ballbearing

Rank II

Contributor I

US
Member #

Ham Callsign
KC9CWU
For the price point, the NoBo is pretty good...I think the important parts of the camper are sound, just the framing inside and fit up are bad. Most of the shell components are cut on CNC so they are really good and the doors are good and seal well. I saw several Australian offroad campers that are phenominal, but they start at $40K and go up, if you can even find a dealer in the US. Id rather take the NoBo for $13k and use rest of the money for actual trips... For under $1000, I added a LP hot water heater shower, 200w solar with 2000w inverter, tongue tool box, extra 12v outlets, pouches for the walls, and removed the crap plastic sheet protecting the underbelly and added sheet metal instead. And added straps to the water tank because it bowed down real bad when full...its a nice 30 gal tank, which is pretty impressive for an 8' camper.
Very good. Thanks

jeepers29

Rank V

Advocate III

Georgetown, TX, USA
Member #

From our experience with forest river, there are much better trailers out there. Once you sign on the line, their customer service is lets just say, lacking.

Mekcanix

Rank IV

Advocate I

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Member #

I will agree with Grubworm the interior fit and finish leaves something to be desired but I have been tweaking it some and as we run into issues I have been repairing or modifying it to better suit my needs. I am still happy with the NoBo, and it fits my needs just wish the quality was better, but if it was better I probably wouldnt have bought as the price would have gone up and out of my budget

Reactions: grubworm

Ballbearing

Rank II

Contributor I

US
Member #

Ham Callsign
KC9CWU
If it's just the interior that's lacking I can deal with that I suppose. Structurally deficiencies or weakness is a deal breaker though. But I dont expect it to be a true off road trailer.

grubworm

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Louisiana, USA
First Name
Thibodaux
Last Name
Louisiana
Member #

their customer service is lets just say, lacking.
"Lacking" is one way to put it nicely, or total shit is another way of saying it! My only saving grace was that I bought the camper from a big outfit in Ohio who moves a lot of Forest River at wholesale prices. The same camper was $4000 more to buy it locally from a smaller dealership. Forest River blew me off until I complained to the dealership and luckily the dealership was big enough to have some horse power and convinced Forest River to fix it. It was Jeff Couch RV Nation in Ohio. Excellent dealership. Was 15 hrs to drive there and $200 in gas to save $4K.
RVs fall in a weird category where they are expensive and poorly built and there is not much to protect the consumer. I read a lot where there are thousands of complaints against RV manufacturers and even some going to court and the customer pretty much never wins. Most problems are on big units with slide-outs that fail and leak and a lot of plumbing issues. Luckily the little off-road campers dont have slide outs or a lot of plumbing or electrical. Even Airstream is getting a lot of bad reviews now and they were the top of line years back. Greed and not caring has plagued the RV industry just like it has everything else.

Reactions: jeepers29

jeepers29

Rank V

Advocate III

Georgetown, TX, USA
Member #

We have a small Amish built teardrop now that has been excellent but it is not off road worthy. We have put 10,000

+ miles on it with only regular maintenance. Like grub worm said, no slides and only 1 little plumbing run.

Ballbearing

Rank II

Contributor I

US
Member #

Ham Callsign
KC9CWU
I always like hearing details. Thankfully, Couch's RV nation is only 2 hours from me and they are the dealer I was planning on visiting.

Amish built teardrop? Sounds interesting.