louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
oh yeah...the rubber roof membrane is notorious to collecting mold, algae, mildew, etc. gotta do regular maintenance or the roof will turn to shit before you know it
(mines turning to shit...)

Reactions: Mekcanix

Mekcanix

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
First Name
John
Last Name
McLaughlin
Member #

on our 16.5 I am on our second round of resealing some of the roof points. I caught them before they turned into leaks. So now I try to go up every trip just to inspect. Our last trip for this year is the weekend of the 20 to 22 then she goes to sleep for the winter.
This year has been a blast with our NoBo we must have gone out on 10 separate trips and spent in total probably 5-6 weeks in spread out from spring to now
Yep it aint perfect but it really does a great job for us

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
on our 16.5 I am on our second round of resealing some of the roof points. I caught them before they turned into leaks. So now I try to go up every trip just to inspect. Our last trip for this year is the weekend of the 20 to 22 then she goes to sleep for the winter.
This year has been a blast with our NoBo we must have gone out on 10 separate trips and spent in total probably 5-6 weeks in spread out from spring to now
Yep it aint perfect but it really does a great job for us
awesome to hear! yeah, anything mass produced like these are will have problems, BUT overall i think the quality is good enough for most of us to use and enjoy with minimal headache. you are so right about the roof...most problems i see on used campers is usually water intrusion around doors, windows and especially roof membranes. i use polyurethane sealants a lot and find that they hold up really well and in some cases have a better grip than silicone. glad you are doing routine maintenance, that escapes a lot of people and always bites them in the butt when they neglect to do it. happy travels!

Reactions: Mekcanix