No Boundaries - New trailer by Forest River

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

PCO6

Rank VI

Traveler I

Newmarket, Ontario
Member #

I just bought the No Bo 10.5 pulled it about 360 miles a little off the road, just enough to get it muddy. Looking through the post and seeing the issues folks are having, looks like I have my work cut out for me.
What the eyes can see … the hands can build! :smiley:

Last edited:
Reactions: DeBo3359

DeBo3359

Rank I

Contributor I

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
DeBow
Member #

Already looking at reinforcing the frame and adding a receiver to the rear. Making a few changes to the front so I can add a storage box.

grubworm

Rank V

Influencer I

Louisiana, USA
First Name
Thibodaux
Last Name
Louisiana
Member #

Already looking at reinforcing the frame and adding a receiver to the rear. Making a few changes to the front so I can add a storage box.
yeah, they got the frames made by Lippert and they look to be about 14ga. my 10.6 had a few welds where the wire feed must have had problems because the puddle stopped short of a full weld and there were some wire pieces still stuck to the weld. a little shoddy, but hopefully good enough to hold a while. i just take some angle and flat bar pieces with me along with some Tek5 screws should i need to make a field repair. not sure about a receiver in the rear...there aint too much back there to weld to. the corrugated plastic to protect the undercarriage was a bit weak for me, so I used some pop rivet threaded inserts every 16" and ran alum. angle with sheet metal. that way i can pull it and inspect ever so often. they used shot pins with washers to attach the plastic sheet and then the manual says to inspect the frame yearly....kind of hard to do with the pins.
sounds like you got it under wraps so im sure it will work fine, i was a bit upset seeing the shoddy work on a new camper, but so far its holding up ok. it was in my driveway during the cat 1 hurricane we got a few weeks ago and it didn't have any leaks after getting pounded by wind and rain, so thats a plus.

Reactions: Mekcanix

DeBo3359

Rank I

Contributor I

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
DeBow
Member #

I was thinking about running a square tube front to back to pick up the load on the rear receiver. I have a cheap little welder I can use. Maybe do a little more reinforcing at the same time. I like the idea of replacing the existing cover with sheet metal. Lol I’ve only had it 3 days and already planning on how to pull it apart.

grubworm

Rank V

Influencer I

Louisiana, USA
First Name
Thibodaux
Last Name
Louisiana
Member #

Lol I’ve only had it 3 days and already planning on how to pull it apart.
ha, yeah...i tore into mine right away and added a few things, fixed a few things, and then added solar panels and tongue box to house the MPPT charger, inverter and battery. i did a thread on here earlier where the wife got me to install snaps on the interior walls and she made pouches with snaps that can snap to the wall and be a lot of low profile storage. i put a pouch under the window on the door so i can just open the door and have flashlight, matches, etc right there without having to climb in the camper.

not sure how youd run tubing front to back...mine has a water tank and stuff in the way, plus the cross braces are pretty damn thin. i thought about doing some welding, but I'm afraid that the framing members are so thin that if there was some stress, the weld would tear the thin metal around it. i considered getting some 3/16" flatbar and welding it to the frame, about 10" long so that way I can get a good bit of surface area and then weld the new member to the thick flatbar. thats on the back burner now...but if i have to modify the frame, i def want to have a doubler plate to grab as much area as i can.