No Boundaries - New trailer by Forest River

• HTML tutorial

jdxplor

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Prather, CA
Member #

I was doing some research for new travel trailers designed for modest off road use and came across a new trailer by Forest River. Model name: No Boundaries...it is not yet available for purchase, but is on order by a few dealers. It has several options, such as an an Overlander Package: 16 in. Cooper Discoverer tires, Rhino roof rack with ladder. There will be several models ranging in size from 12 ft. - 25 ft. May not be for the heavy duty off-roader...although the 12 footer might be suitable with the right options. There are images on the Forest River website.

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

I know this is an old thread, but the wife and I are looking hard at the 16.7 model. We are finding most of our camping is done in more developed areas, and I'm getting old so I like easy to set up. We will be keeping our bed rack/rtt setup for when the kids get older, so we can have them sleep in the rtt.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: KC2BUN

Mekcanix

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
First Name
John
Last Name
McLaughlin
Member #

We have a NoBo 16.5.
First we really do enjoy it, fits with what we want to do, for the most part.
But there are some issues:
We drove to a place called Tulabi Falls and its gravel road for about 40-50 km and we went down another 30 Km of gravel as one of the Highways was backed up due to a accident
Once we arrived we found that when we opened up the trailer there was a variety of screw all over the floor and the shower door was loose in the frame and the stove top had come partially apart.
I got it all back together and we enjoyed our weekend camping, the ease of set up is awesome and being able to use the bathroom at night is a super bonus
and its a base camp for explorations of a area
Since returning home we noticed a issue with either wheel bearings or suspension play and its back at the dealership

I will say this as it is, this is not a rough road camper, its a standard mass produced camper on a heavier duty frame marketed at the overland crew, and I fell for it.
That being said I have already done some work on it to make it more robust and I plan on lowering the air pressure some in the tires as I believe now that they may have been over inflated and the wash board did a number on us.

Would I return it and buy a more robust and spartan unit? No. I will keep it as my wife and I really like it and the size and function. We will now begin our exploring of Canada and the USA and possible Mexico
and it will suit our needs very well
IF I can keep it from rattling itself apart LOL
Also WHY DOES THIS PICTURE KEEP COMING UP SIDEWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tulabi2.jpg

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

Well, we pulled the trigger on the 19.5 no boundaries. It's been down about 15 miles of dirt roads with no issues. And we have had it on one trip with no problems so far. We are in love with it.

Disclaimer, we bought the trailer at a dealer in missouri while visiting my parents last week. They are going to be driving it out to us in reno nv next week. That ridiculously awesome expensive 2018 Ford f350 6.7 diesel belongs to my brother who can justify paying more monthly for his truck than he does for his house. I still have my old 2004 dodge 2500... which will be used to tow my new trailer. The f150 platinum is my dads truck that I just used to tow the trailer home from the dealer, and to the campground in missouri.. confusing, probably, but st the end of the day, my trailer will be towed with my maroon 2004 dodge ram 2500 Cummins.
20180805_140835.jpegIMG_20180803_143207_793.jpeg20180804_085944.jpeg20180719_185027.jpeg

Reactions: Mekcanix

Mekcanix

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
First Name
John
Last Name
McLaughlin
Member #

Well we are on or fifth or sixth trip now with it and we definitely got the right unit, its a bit cramped in the bathroom , but I am getting used to it and the fact that I have a freakin Bathroom to use is AMAZING!!!
I have upgraded the battery to dual units and plan on replacing them in a couple years with AGM units. I am really liking the solar power panels I got,its the 135W samlex case set up.

We are looking to do some fall camping this year we will let you folks know how that goes.

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

Well we are on or fifth or sixth trip now with it and we definitely got the right unit, its a bit cramped in the bathroom , but I am getting used to it and the fact that I have a freakin Bathroom to use is AMAZING!!!
I have upgraded the battery to dual units and plan on replacing them in a couple years with AGM units. I am really liking the solar power panels I got,its the 135W samlex case set up.

We are looking to do some fall camping this year we will let you folks know how that goes.
Yeah I love our full dry bath setup on the 19 5. I am already looking into doing dual 6v golf cart batteries with 200 amp hours each as an upgrade. I already have a 100 watt solar panel that I plan to also use when boondocking. I am so excited for this new trailer. Obviously it's too big to take on tight trails and such but for family vacations and national parks, it's a perfect setup.

Last edited:

Traveler I

I looked at a 10.6 hard for a while and decided against it when I found the Intech explore
I’d love a bathroom
But with a JLU it doesn’t have the tow capacity and with 3 kids my goal was everyone sleeping under the same room
The no boundaries looks great in pictures
But the mass produced part of it makes me wonder about quality control

Reactions: SLPNBG

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

I looked at a 10.6 hard for a while and decided against it when I found the Intech explore
I’d love a bathroom
But with a JLU it doesn’t have the tow capacity and with 3 kids my goal was everyone sleeping under the same room
The no boundaries looks great in pictures
But the mass produced part of it makes me wonder about quality control
Completely understood there man. Jury is still out on the no boundaries for me as I've only been able to get mine out on one camping trip, but everything worked great on the first trip. Ironically enough, the entire trailer discussion started when I was looking at the intech explore and considering ordering one with 2 fold out bunks for the kids.. then things progressed and we ended up with the no boundaries 19.5 with full bath, queen bed, dinette and large fridge with stovetop and convection microwave lol...

IMG_20180803_143207_793.jpeg

Traveler I

Completely understood there man. Jury is still out on the no boundaries for me as I've only been able to get mine out on one camping trip, but everything worked great on the first trip. Ironically enough, the entire trailer discussion started when I was looking at the intech explore and considering ordering one with 2 fold out bunks for the kids.. then things progressed and we ended up with the no boundaries 19.5 with full bath, queen bed, dinette and large fridge with stovetop and convection microwave lol...

View attachment 65112
That’s badass
Talking with my wife I end up in the same boat
For the money of the Intech
I’m awfully close (like within a grand) of a 19.7
Which sleeps all my kids in bed has bathroom the works

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

That’s badass
Talking with my wife I end up in the same boat
For the money of the Intech
I’m awfully close (like within a grand) of a 19.7
Which sleeps all my kids in bed has bathroom the works
That's why we made the jump. The intech is a nice trailer but the $$ they want for one rivals the no boundaries line which had a lot more amenities.

Rblessed

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Ross
Last Name
Garza
Member #

We have the Geo Pro its 12 ft with the kitchen in the back. It pulls good with the jeep and so far it has done what we want. Its not for hard core but it works!
How is the trailer coming along (quality and craftsmanship)? I have been looking at borderlands but I saw trailers like yours while perusing.

Pappy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lexington NC.
Member #

How is the trailer coming along (quality and craftsmanship)? I have been looking at borderlands but I saw trailers like yours while perusing.
We have had it out on some fairly ruff forest roads and so far it is doing good no problems yet. You can tell its a mass produced trailer but its better than some we have seen when we were looking.

Pappy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lexington NC.
Member #

Not to get to personal but what is the price point range?
around 11,500 it has 100w solar panel / three way fridge / heat /ac/ power inverter / two 6 volt deep cycle batteries / hot water heater / 2-20 lb LP tanks / radio tv dvd wifi booster / microwave / stove /outside grill.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
I've always tent camped, but recently decided I didn't want to rough it that bad, so just bought my first camper a few weeks ago...a NoBo 10.6. Its basically tenting with hard sides and a few perks of convenience and storage. I've been reading a lot of negative comments on poor quality plaguing the RV industry and hopefully this type of camper being so simple will be less problematic. I really like the idea of the small off road camper, I didn't even know they existed until a month ago.

Attachments

Reactions: Oklamopar and Pappy

JPRatJ

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Acworth, GA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Ratledge
Member #

Service Branch
Marine corps
We have the Geo Pro its 12 ft with the kitchen in the back. It pulls good with the jeep and so far it has done what we want. Its not for hard core but it works!
Does the trailer give you any issues with towing off road?