Newbie wants to try OBDR Route #3 - Tips?

• HTML tutorial

CJ Adventure Oregon

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Coos Bay, Oregon
Member #

Great video there, CJAO! It really helped me get a sense of the type of roads/terrains encountered on Rt. 6... except I'll be going the opposite way toward Hauser. How many miles would you say was Rt. 6, assuming that you were able to follow the prescribed route the entire way - for fuel-planning purposes? Time-wise, it seems you only needed to camp one night before reaching Rt. 2? Thanks again.

Also thanks to jdunk RE mosquito troubles.
You are welcome! I just made what I was hoping to find when I was searching. Now I’m hooked and make videos on every adventure, though. Route 6 was approximately 235 miles. Our plan was to get gas in Sutherlin, which we did (crossing I-5) and then the O’dell store, just north of crescent lake before starting route 2. Due to the fire we ended up in Oakridge, though. However that was our plan. Sutherlin would’ve been 85 miles in and Crescent another 160 which was kind of pushing it, only because we planned side trips.....We had 5 gallons in our Jeep, though. Yes- we camped one night on route 6. Was a great route!

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Doug2003

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

East Olympia, Washington, United States
First Name
Doug
Last Name
Prater
Member #

We didn’t do route 3 but we did do route 6 and really enjoyed it. I couldn’t find much on YouTube about route 6 so when we did it I videoed it to maybe help others who were interested in route 6. We had no issues with the route but if we wouldn’t have had more than just the maps we would’ve been in trouble. The Elliott state forest has soooo many roads, so having our Garmin pre routed and the map, was very helpful. Have fun!!! The Bohemia mines were really neat too, highly recommend a quick side trip there. :-) In our video I pretty much explain the whole route. We went from the coast over though......

Thanks for the video

Quicksilver

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Molalla, OR
Member #

We didn’t do route 3 but we did do route 6 and really enjoyed it. I couldn’t find much on YouTube about route 6 so when we did it I videoed it to maybe help others who were interested in route 6. We had no issues with the route but if we wouldn’t have had more than just the maps we would’ve been in trouble. The Elliott state forest has soooo many roads, so having our Garmin pre routed and the map, was very helpful. Have fun!!! The Bohemia mines were really neat too, highly recommend a quick side trip there. :-) In our video I pretty much explain the whole route. We went from the coast over though......

Finally had time to watch the route 6 and route 2 videos this morning. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: CJ Adventure Oregon

kcjoiner

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Longview, Washington, United States
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Roy
Member #

Enjoyed the video...Thanks for posting!

Reactions: CJ Adventure Oregon

FJTim

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Everett, WA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Matthews
Member #

I'll be doing this route with 3 vehicles early June and this thread has been a huge help. Already got the hard maps and outfitting vehicles now!

Sent from my SM-G892A using OB Talk mobile app