New Trailer Project: Range Runner

• HTML tutorial

yak51

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Diego
Member #

Great wasn't trying to be condescending, just trying to help. Hope it came across that way.

Yeah! Your fine, no offense taken. I know sometimes it's hard to tell if someone takes offense.

I always appreciate the comments.

eredinger

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Roseville California
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Redinger
Member #

What plans do you have for it?
Most of the inspiration comes from this thread and the owners forums on FB. I have the spring under kit already, plan to use wheel adapters on the trailer to run matching 4Runner wheels, add a MaxAir fan , LED lighting and a single battery and a bit of solar. Will purchase a 2500btu ClimateRight ( AC/Heater/Dehumidifier) if I find it to be too hot when I camp. I like the idea I can leave it at home if I head to the PNW and keep the weight down. Don't plan on camping too many places where there are hookups anyway. I think some type of awning will be in order soon also.

Don't want to hijack Dons build thread , so once get started I'll start a thread for this project.

Reactions: ArkansasDon

jeepers29

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Georgetown, TX, USA
Member #

Most of the inspiration comes from this thread and the owners forums on FB. I have the spring under kit already, plan to use wheel adapters on the trailer to run matching 4Runner wheels, add a MaxAir fan , LED lighting and a single battery and a bit of solar. Will purchase a 2500btu ClimateRight ( AC/Heater/Dehumidifier) if I find it to be too hot when I camp. I like the idea I can leave it at home if I head to the PNW and keep the weight down. Don't plan on camping too many places where there are hookups anyway. I think some type of awning will be in order soon also.

Don't want to hijack Dons build thread , so once get started I'll start a thread for this project.
Looking forward to your build. Dons build is over the top.

hidesertwheelin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

High Desert, So Cal
Member #

ArkansasDon

Rank V
Launch Member

Member I

thanks, I used a piece of 3\4" cabinet grade plywood, then sanded smooth (face, & all 4 edges) I sprayed it with a aerosol (spray can) single stage truck bedliner 3 coats.
I'm a real detail type person (whether my work or others) I really couldn't find anything to pick at about the Runaway Camper. It's a solid well constructed little trailer chassis & box.
Theirs rumors that Runaway's chassis are cheap & difficult to weld on. That is total bunk "BS" it's a well constructed 2" tub chassis that I had no problem welding on. The Range Runner is a good choice for the wife & I because of the extra room in width & the trailing of my full size truck. I just walked in give the trailer a test run down the roads & Hwy from Arkansas to Missouri border & back again. It pulled nicely w\o any issues even though I fabricated a whole new entire tongue, flipped the axle, added shocks, different tires & wheels. Backed it in the shop building on my farm were I will store it was like a dream. Zero complaints, just waiting on a few more items to come in & install.

SLPNBG

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mechanicsville, Va
Member #

Looking good Don. The white showing inside the fenders/ behind the wheels is triggering my OCD. Can you put some truckbed liner on it? Just kidding (sorta) as always, awesome build. thanks for sharing

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

Looking good! Do you have a pic of your Proplex heater which I think you said you keep in a box. I've seen them permanently mounted but I kind of like the idea of them being portable. A lot of times you don't need a heater … so you may as well leave it at home.