• HTML tutorial

Remington_PRO4X

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Verona, WI
Member #

Hey All!

I am pretty new to overlanding as most of my back woods experience has been on foot. I've had my Frontier Pro-4X for a couple years now and am wanting to start getting out there and really enjoying the truck. I have done some minor upgrades (guards/cosmetic/off road lights). I don't have a ton of $$$ to put into the truck now, but what is going to be the best next upgrade?

I am pretty handy around the garage so most installs I can take care of myself. Saves $$ and I love working on it as well!

Zerobird

Rank IV

Advocate II

Hey what's up. The 2nd gens are fairly capable in their stock form. If $ is tight then spend where ya need improvement, like trail gear. A good air compressor, traction boards, a CB or HAM even just a set of good tires will make quite a difference. I've had a budget lift on my Xterra for about 5 years now, just a 2" coil spacer and an add a leaf from Nisstec. They are around $250 I believe. It met my needs at the time, I've since ordered coil over and leaf packs etc to be replaced, waiting for the mailman. Lol

Zerobird

Rank IV

Advocate II

I did install it myself. It wasn't hard. I am a factory trained auto technician though. I started my career working for Nissan and now I work for Audi. But yes you can do. It's just nuts and bolts. Not trying to toot my own horn, just wanna help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using OB Talk mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: DanR

Zerobird

Rank IV

Advocate II

Yeah a basic metric tool kit would work. An air compressor with an impact will make disassembling the coil over alot easier but can be done with hand tools. The top nut on the front shock is what I'm referring to.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using OB Talk mobile app