Corrales, NM
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Montero
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5JWS
Yeah that’s the area I was talking about, you went from the bottom up over the top

Yes, my first time up there. I found that road on the map and wanted to see where it went. The first part is a little rough for a Subaru, my wife was getting a little antsy when we hit the water :)

Reactions: Overland 505

Utilityman

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Albuquerque NM
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Raether
Member #

Took a little drive this weekend with my youngest daughter and visited the VLA and then the Kelly mine. On the way home we stopped off in Pie Town to grab a treat.

Wow those windmills are cool. Are those at the Kelly Mine. If not can you share the location?

Theodore Sharp

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

New Mexico
First Name
Theodore
Last Name
Sharp
Service Branch
Army
Wow those windmills are cool. Are those at the Kelly Mine. If not can you share the location?
Those windmills are along hiway 60 in Pietown. Cant miss them if your traveling through. Might as well stop and have a piece of pie while your taking pictures of them.

Reactions: Utilityman

Utilityman

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Albuquerque NM
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Raether
Member #

Can I get a recommendation on a good alignment shop in the ABQ area. I just installed a Dobinsons/Dirt king lift and need to get into an alignment shop this week. From what I read most shops do a decent job on stock vehicles but it takes an "experienced tech" to dial in a lifted truck.

Ive used Chets in the past and they did a great job on my stockish 3ed grn 4Runner but my 5th gen has a bit more lift and I am wanting 3.5 degreeish caster.

fixiecory

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Albuquerque
Member #

Can I get a recommendation on a good alignment shop in the ABQ area. I just installed a Dobinsons/Dirt king lift and need to get into an alignment shop this week. From what I read most shops do a decent job on stock vehicles but it takes an "experienced tech" to dial in a lifted truck.

Ive used Chets in the past and they did a great job on my stockish 3ed grn 4Runner but my 5th gen has a bit more lift and I am wanting 3.5 degreeish caster.
Chets is definitely the best in town. That's who I use most. I did have Toyo Masters do an alignment after I put the OME stuff on my 4Runner and I think they did a great job.

Reactions: Utilityman

Backcountry

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Albuquerque, NM
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Mesquita
Member #

Chet’s is who I would recommend also. They’re the most experienced shop in town for the unusual alignment work. Tim’s the owner there he’ll treat you right and he’s an honest person.

Utilityman

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Albuquerque NM
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Raether
Member #

0E1EB8C8-CF58-498E-A53F-DEE51627AD99.jpeg Thanks friends. I ended up going to Abq Tire. A forum member on TW highly recommended a guy that has been an alignment tech on his lifted Toyota trucks for over 15 years.

4Runner came out great. Drives straight. It’s been a busy month or so getting everything on paper and put onto the 4Runner. Overall im really happy with how it turned out.

I was really worried the 285s were going to bog down my rig but I didn’t notice anything at all.

fixiecory

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Albuquerque
Member #

Do y’all know of anyone in town who’s good at setting up CBs? I, for some reason, can’t seem to get my SWR readings even close to correct.