• HTML tutorial

SierraOL

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Portland, OR, USA
Member #

Hi all,

Just became a member to Overland Bound and excited to see what all of you have to share.

A little bit about me. Name's Tom and am a native Oregonian. I'm an avid fishing nut and genuinely love the outdoors. Grew up camping, hiking, fishing, snowboarding... Basically everything your supposed to do as a kid in the Northwest. As a fairly new dad (she's a toddler now) I'm making it a priority to share the outdoors with my family and with that began outfitting my rig for camping trips, fishing trips, and just fun outdoors.... This spurred me to look into overlanding, which now is my goal for 2019 - become more familiar with local trails and take the kid on some adventures, even if they're day trips.

Anyway enough about me... Let me introduce you to "Blue", my '06 Sierra Quad Cab Short Bed.

4.8 Vortec with Airaid intake and Flowmaster 40 Series. (A little on the sluggish side but does what I need when I need it)
265/70-17 Mazama Open Range A/T with American Racing Axon 201 wheels
KYB Monomax
Bed rack, toolbox, cargo basket and DIY Axe/Shovel mount (lots of ebay hunting and DIY'ing it together)
Some other miscellaneous items with more to come

Look forward to conversations to come and learning from the group.

Tom

Rack.jpg

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

Hi all,

Just became a member to Overland Bound and excited to see what all of you have to share.

A little bit about me. Name's Tom and am a native Oregonian. I'm an avid fishing nut and genuinely love the outdoors. Grew up camping, hiking, fishing, snowboarding... Basically everything your supposed to do as a kid in the Northwest. As a fairly new dad (she's a toddler now) I'm making it a priority to share the outdoors with my family and with that began outfitting my rig for camping trips, fishing trips, and just fun outdoors.... This spurred me to look into overlanding, which now is my goal for 2019 - become more familiar with local trails and take the kid on some adventures, even if they're day trips.

Anyway enough about me... Let me introduce you to "Blue", my '06 Sierra Quad Cab Short Bed.

4.8 Vortec with Airaid intake and Flowmaster 40 Series. (A little on the sluggish side but does what I need when I need it)
KYB Monomax
Bed rack, toolbox, cargo basket and DIY Axe/Shovel mount (lots of ebay hunting and DIY'ing it together)

Tom

View attachment 90240

View attachment 90241

View attachment 90242
Hello Tom and welcome to the OB crew....great looking rig and look forward to seeing your build and your adventures neighbor.

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hi all,

KYB Monomax

Tom

View attachment 90240

View attachment 90241

View attachment 90242
Welcome to Overland Bound Tom (@SierraOL). That is a great looking truck and I am sure it will serve you well on overland adventures. I think it is great that you want to instill in your daughter the same love for the outdoors that you have and that you are starting her at a young age! The Portland/Vancouver area has a number of Overland Bound members and, as spring begins to thaw things out, I am sure there will be lots of great opportunities to meet and greet your fellow adventure seekers. @Roy & Kristin Zirpoli is the Member Rep for Western Oregon, so they can probably tell you more about what may be coming up in your beautiful state.

Since most of our coordinating is done through the regional forum, I recommend checking out the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your neighbors. Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well.

I get down to the PDX area every few months, so look forward to getting a chance to meet you in person! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

Roy & Kristin Zirpoli

US NorthWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kirbyville, Texas
First Name
PoManOutdoorCollective
Last Name
Zirpoli
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hey ya! We would love to meet up with you and your daughter sometime! We do a lot of talking here and on our Facebook page Willamette Valley Overland Bound- come on by!

Reactions: SierraOL

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

Hi all,

KYB Monomax

Tom

View attachment 90240

View attachment 90241

View attachment 90242
Hello ... Welcome to the Overland Bound Community ... nice to have you on board!

Reactions: SierraOL