• HTML tutorial

Jelorian

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

SF Bay Area, CA
Member #

Hey everyone,

Joined recently after finding out about the forums after attending a meet in Emeryville last Dec. 2016.

I knew about the youtube channel but didn't know there were forums as well.

Glad to be a part of a great community and I hope to be meeting more of you guys out on the trails in the near future.

In any case here is my full sized girl. Like many of us, I'm continually adding/changing mods to best suite the conditions I'll be using her.

Mods are mild. Snorkel, 2" suspension lift, dual batteries, Wilco Hitchgate, N-Fab Pre-runner light bar, Thule cargo box, aftermarket wheels, BFG A/T KO2 285/70/17's.

Taken last fall, BLM Tumey Hills in Central CA.

Happy trails!

Last edited:

Jelorian

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

SF Bay Area, CA
Member #

How do you like the hitchgate? Is it the wilco one? I also full size it and love the space provides but have been considering adding the hitchgate to my truck.
I really like it a lot. It is made by Wilco. The the mechanism to hold it tight in the hitch receiver is well engineered. No wobble at all.

The only thing I dont like about are the costs for the addons. A verticle hi-lift mount will set you back $100. If you want the dual jerry can holder you're looking at $350+. Close to half the cost of the Hitchgate itself.

With my hi-lift mounted horizontally I have to swing out the tire carrier all the way open to open the rear hatch.

There is also no way to lock the swingout in any open position. Could be an issue when stopped on cambered trails.

It is very well built and I suspect will last me a long time.

If you have any more questions feel free to hollar.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Reactions: RVA Overland

Casey.Broach

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Scranton SC
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Broach
Member #

I am also in a full sized rig. I have a Z71 Tahoe. I really love the land cruisers but I just needed more room. I have had a Yukon in the past and fell in love with it my big boy "Koda", my rig, is just right.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

1derer

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Carlsbad, CA, USA
First Name
user
Last Name
name
Member #

Nice looking rig not a lot of those Full Sized rigs! Always wanted to build out an Excursion.