NC Piedmont/CLT Meet-Up Planning

• HTML tutorial

Overland Wanderlust

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

RURAL HALL, NC
Member #

I think we should move towards have different smaller groups that meet locally monthly or however much they chose to. Then a couple times of year the groups from different cities get together and hit the road.

I agree that NC is too big of a state to expect people to make 3-4 hour trips one way out of there Saturday every month.

THIS IS AN AWESOME PROBLEM TO HAVE! The fact that there is not enough me to go around to have meet-ups in every NC city is awesome. With this big said we need people who are COMMITTED and responsible enough to get the meet-ups in the Triad, eastern NC, & western NC going and keep breathing life into it their cities overland community until people connect with one another. Once people connect more than once the groups take off from there.

We have had a couple people try this kind of thing and they flame out and disappear.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN REPRESENTING OB IN YOUR CITY MESSAGE ME AND WE CAN GO FROM THERE. If we can get a small crew for each city that would be shaaaweeeeet!
You know I’m in!

Reactions: NC-Trooper

NC Sasquatch

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

NC Foothills
First Name
Dalton
Last Name
Luster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4LNR
I think we should move towards have different smaller groups that meet locally monthly or however much they chose to. Then a couple times of year the groups from different cities get together and hit the road.

I agree that NC is too big of a state to expect people to make 3-4 hour trips one way out of there Saturday every month.

THIS IS AN AWESOME PROBLEM TO HAVE! The fact that there is not enough me to go around to have meet-ups in every NC city is awesome. With this big said we need people who are COMMITTED and responsible enough to get the meet-ups in the Triad, eastern NC, & western NC going and keep breathing life into it their cities overland community until people connect with one another. Once people connect more than once the groups take off from there.

We have had a couple people try this kind of thing and they flame out and disappear.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN REPRESENTING OB IN YOUR CITY MESSAGE ME AND WE CAN GO FROM THERE. If we can get a small crew for each city that would be shaaaweeeeet!
I can help up in this area. Gonna get busy with a new baby and storm season but always have my phone on.

Obscure Medic

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Havelock, NC, USA
First Name
Dale
Last Name
Askew
Member #

I would also like to make a small chapter for surrounding areas I see more and more coming out of my area. Not stepping on toes but I feel very alone out here I’m the only Jeep owner who overlands or wheels for at least 20 min drive. But if we did this convoy up make the trip would be great and eastern no has a lot of meet ups we can roll out from. Just an idea.
I'm with you. I live in New Bern and there is no real "Scene" here for overlanding. Plenty of people into mudding.. ect but I feel alone. Lol.

Nchome

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

North Carolina
Member #

Any confirmation on a date I seen 25th and the 18th. I’m fairly sure Jacksonville Jeeps and Java will be there the 19th. Trying to plan ahead.

Overland Wanderlust

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

RURAL HALL, NC
Member #

Any confirmation on a date I seen 25th and the 18th. I’m fairly sure Jacksonville Jeeps and Java will be there the 19th. Trying to plan ahead.
The 18th of May is in Kernersville at the Panera Bread parking lot. It’s a go. That’s a Triad Area Meet and Greet. There’s something on FB and in the SE forum. I don’t have permission to create a rally point yet so I haven’t done one.

Reactions: Nchome

alx_alx_69

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler III

Hope Mills, NC USA
Member #

The 18th of May is in Kernersville at the Panera Bread parking lot. It’s a go. That’s a Triad Area Meet and Greet. There’s something on FB and in the SE forum. I don’t have permission to create a rally point yet so I haven’t done one.
Thats only about a 2 hour drive for me, I am putting it on the calendar!!!

NC-Trooper

US SouthEast Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

Someone will need to step up and set the Rally Point for the next meet up. I recently started a new job and with a new baby I won’t be able to lead as usual, I’m hoping to attend though.

NC-Trooper

Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

This current app is lightyears better than the old one, but i agree. I can’t set it up because it would label me as the coordinator and I can’t deal with all that right now

Overland Wanderlust

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

RURAL HALL, NC
Member #

This current app is lightyears better than the old one, but i agree. I can’t set it up because it would label me as the coordinator and I can’t deal with all that right now
Michael messaged me a while ago and tagged Amanda in it but I haven’t heard from her yet. It’s been about a week. I could take some stress off but it won’t let me. If you can expedite her fixing that I’ll take some of the load.

NC-Trooper

Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

Set it for 10 am.

Its a coffee and rigs type get together with the chance to off-road for anyone interested. Tons of dirt roads and light trails for beginners or people who don’t want to go rock crawling. There is breakfast and lunch available at the outpost.

After the initial meeting everyone is free to break off and check out uwharrie. Available activities are:
Off-roading
Mountain Biking
Kayaking (rentals available)
Fishing
Camping hiking

This is dog friendly but leave psycho dogs at home. Extremely family friendly.

Meeting place info: Eldorado Outpost large parking lot on left side of the building. The Restaurant is inside. Trail passes for off-roading and maps of the park are available inside. Free air compressor available for those who wish to air down.

A group cookout would be cool after a couple hours of exploring if there is enough interest.

I think that’s about it.... if you can word it more eloquently that’d be great