Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

Can someone try to RSVP and let me know if it is working?

Brondo

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Hi everyone! I am fairly new to OB. I missed the first meet due to work but plan on making this one to meet some folks with the same interests. I am new to OB but not off-roading although my rock crawling, breaking stuff all the time days are behind me. I currently have a basically stock first gen Bronco. It’s lifted two inches and rides on 31’s. Trying to figure out what it(and I ) can do with it the way it is. No P/S or P/B. I have done the easy trails at Uwharrie with it. Maybe get some info from some folks with older rigs. Thanks

NC-Trooper

US SouthEast Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

Hi everyone! I am fairly new to OB. I missed the first meet due to work but plan on making this one to meet some folks with the same interests. I am new to OB but not off-roading although my rock crawling, breaking stuff all the time days are behind me. I currently have a basically stock first gen Bronco. It’s lifted two inches and rides on 31’s. Trying to figure out what it(and I ) can do with it the way it is. No P/S or P/B. I have done the easy trails at Uwharrie with it. Maybe get some info from some folks with older rigs. Thanks
We have a pretty diverse group of rigs and people with a lot of knowledge you'll find the information you are looking for at the meeting!

avgjoe624

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Fayetteville, NC, USA
Member #

Hi there, my thoughts..

I think meet ups are a great way to keep the community involved and make amazing friends along the way. I think you should come up with a plan for monthly, and quarterly meetings. Maybe the monthly meetings could be a day or a weekend thing and the quarterly could be week of adventure and camping.

Also, I think you should mix it up with the monthly meeting to accommodate those who may not be able to travel as far. They could sometimes be a weekend of wheeling or sometimes could be a day at a park or something. Also, try to give back to to the community, like if its needed, meet up to do some clean up on some trails, Hell we can even meet up in a parking lot and put on our own little car/truck/jeep show. lol

So I guess what im saying, is to keep it interesting. don't meet at the same place consistently, don't just do the same thing everytime. There are a lot of places in the Carolinas that are amazing. we have it all from the mountains, trails everywhere, and beaches we can drive on.

I know planning all of that would be quite a task, so I wouldn't mind helping if you needed it.

Willrox1

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Wilmington, NC, USA
First Name
Will
Last Name
Hinson
Member #

I am new to here and am in the Charlotte area (uncc student). I wanna meet some people who share the same interest and maybe go on some rides!

Reactions: NC-Trooper

NC-Trooper

Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

1st-
If you have the ability/means to please consider buying a walk-in talkie for this upcoming trip and any future ones. It’ll make communicating among the group way easier especially when it comes to spotting.
IMG_0019.JPG

I know some of us are running HAM/CB which is good but this is the easiest and most user friendly way for a large group with varying levels to communicate.

2nd-
In May I was thinking we could meet up at Uwharrie, rather than in Matthews. There are so many options for things to do. I will be hitting the trails and getting the truck dirty and also hopefully mountain biking.

For those interested in wheeling at Uwharrie, we can split the groups up based on skill, and comfort levels. There are trails that beginners in stock vehicles can take and actually learn vehicular control without worrying damaging your vehicle. There are also trails for those of us who want to push our trucks a little harder. We can always reconvene for a cookout.

One of the goals of this group is to push people into actually getting out there and start learning. This along could be along with the Brown Mountain trip are great opportunities.

NC-Trooper

Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

Here are the photos from our last meet up. Use as you wish.

Add me on Instagram @teamhollandadventures

IMG_0048.JPGIMG_0047.JPGIMG_0046.JPGIMG_0045.JPGIMG_0044.JPGIMG_0043.JPGIMG_0041.JPGIMG_0042.JPGIMG_0040.JPGIMG_0039.JPG

Reactions: tobey1

NC-Trooper

Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

How does May 25th at Uwharrie for our next meet-up work for you guys?

Uwharrie National Forest offers a lot more than just off-roading so feel free to come out even if you don’t plan on hitting the trails. Here’s some things to do there:
-Kayaking/canoeing (there are rentals available)
-Hiking
-Off-roading (trail difficulty ranges from easy dirt roads to hardcore)
- mountain biking
-camping
-fishing

Here’s what I am thinking:
We meet up in the morning. There’s a convince store (El Dorado Outpost) that has a restaurant inside if you’re hungry. We have our “meeting” and then everyone can descend upon Uwharrie as they please. We can split into smaller groups based on activity if warranted.

Thoughts?
Feedback and conversation is what has been fueling our community so get to it.

hlpressley

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Indian Trail, NC
Member #

Hate that I missed the last trip out to Brown Mountain. From the pics it looks as though a great time was had by all. Hopefully I can make the next one!

Reactions: tobey1

Pirate75

Rank V
Launch Member

Builder I

Statesville, North Carolina
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Grimes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4RWT
Still trying to make some sort of meetup. Work has recently told me no weekends or weekend days off until after July 4 sometime. I’ll get lucky sometime?

Pedro6285

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Wilmington, NC
Member #

Hey Guys,

I am John and I had the pleasure to meet many of you at Overland Expo East at the OLB booth. I am the Associate Ambassador for the Southeast Region. All that really means is that I help facilitate member activity in Carolina's for Overland Bound. This is a first for our area and I am really excited to grow the overland culture here.

We have made multiple attempts over the years, like this last fall, to have group get-together s but we have not consistently had good turnouts. I want to take the time while a lot of the trails are closed and the weather is not ideal to try and get a read on the pulse of the area and what I can do to make events more accessible and appealing to everyone.

We were meeting in Matthews, NC, once a month for some "mall crawling." We just hung out, drank coffee, and talked trips and trucks. Sadly, this died out because of a hurricane or 2 and people lost interest. I lean more to off-roading type of events because that is more of my roots but I know that not everyone has the interest or rig for that (which is no big deal)

SO...

What are your thoughts on meet-ups?
Are you interested?
What time of day?
Frequency. Once a month, every 2 months, etc.
Are you open to a large group weekend trip?
Are you open to a more traditional overland trip in a smaller group like a week long?

I am aiming for a mixed bag of meet-ups so that everyone has something they like.
Totally down to meet, if schedule permits. Off road or on!

Jeffrey Dill

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Dill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4FOZ
1st-
If you have the ability/means to please consider buying a walk-in talkie for this upcoming trip and any future ones. It’ll make communicating among the group way easier especially when it comes to spotting.
View attachment 91072

I know some of us are running HAM/CB which is good but this is the easiest and most user friendly way for a large group with varying levels to communicate.

2nd-
In May I was thinking we could meet up at Uwharrie, rather than in Matthews. There are so many options for things to do. I will be hitting the trails and getting the truck dirty and also hopefully mountain biking.

For those interested in wheeling at Uwharrie, we can split the groups up based on skill, and comfort levels. There are trails that beginners in stock vehicles can take and actually learn vehicular control without worrying damaging your vehicle. There are also trails for those of us who want to push our trucks a little harder. We can always reconvene for a cookout.

One of the goals of this group is to push people into actually getting out there and start learning. This along could be along with the Brown Mountain trip are great opportunities.
I'm definitely interested in a trip to Uwharrie.