Nashville, Tennessee

• HTML tutorial

Theo

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nashville
Member #

Great view. Its amazing how many trails just run all over up there. You should also check out schnebly hill road and broken arrow trail if you have time.

F150Fanatic

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Brentwood
First Name
Chase
Last Name
Ezell
Member #

We made it to the top of house mountain this afternoon, got here right at dark and are camping at the peak for the night. I drug the bike rack on a few of the drainage ditches, but other than that didn't really have any problems getting up. Super fun trail, till about the last 2 miles and all those baby head rocks just start getting annoying.View attachment 79850
Amazing!

AreWeThereYet

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Hendersonville, TN
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
K
Does anyone in here do much gardening? I'm setting up a small aquaponic system for inside my house, but I'm eager to start using my yard some as well.
Anyone have favorites they grow?
This is what I started working on over the holidays.

TheDonutAllStar

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

I'm looking to get a camping trip at LBL, probably turkey bay. I have never been, and I would like to know where to begin (a google maps address I can route to), and then what trail to take, and what navigation app to use to navigate to Turkey Bay. I'll probably be alone, so my preference is pretty simple trails.

AreWeThereYet

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Hendersonville, TN
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
K
I'm looking to get a camping trip at LBL, probably turkey bay. I have never been, and I would like to know where to begin (a google maps address I can route to), and then what trail to take, and what navigation app to use to navigate to Turkey Bay. I'll probably be alone, so my preference is pretty simple trails.
https://www.landbetweenthelakes.us/seendo/trails/turkey-bay/
80 Turkey Creek Rd
Golden Pond, KY 42211
This is Turkey Bay OHV Park, it’s the official off road park inside LBL, outside of that there are fire roads all around you can drive on, the maps are available on the parks website, or at the parks welcome centers. As a general rule in the park 100 roads are usually paved or highly maintained, 200 roads are maintained but probably gravel, 300 roads are only occasionally maintained, and may only be open seasonally. Most of this is pretty easy stuff but there are some deep mud holes and ruts on some of the 300 roads, especially when wet.

Green Boot Adventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Columbus, GA, USA
First Name
Connor
Last Name
Alexander
Member #

I’m pretty local...if you want someone to tag along hit me up!

Reactions: Dave_brez

Dave_brez

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Antioch, TN
Member #

I’m pretty local...if you want someone to tag along hit me up!
Ditto I might come out if I had a days notice. I love LBL but I'd like to check out some other areas around the state. maybe in the Knoxville and Chat areas. If anyone has experience in those areas please let me know. I'm happy to help plan if you know where we can wheel and camp.

Reactions: Stickman

Theo

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nashville
Member #

Wooleys is right off 65 south of Columbia and windrock is out east. I have never been to either but would like to check them out. Also up for some wheeling at lbl or anywhere not too far out .

Reactions: kappels

TheDonutAllStar

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

I’ve been to Prentice a few times! It’s a nice area. If you guys plan a get together, I would love to tag along and hit some trails.
Maybe we should plan something. I actually have to run to Knoxville for work next week, probably Friday. I could probably hit something in that area or in Chattanooga by mid afternoon and set up camp. Thoughts?

Reactions: Theo and kappels

kappels

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Chattanooga, TN
Member #

Maybe we should plan something. I actually have to run to Knoxville for work next week, probably Friday. I could probably hit something in that area or in Chattanooga by mid afternoon and set up camp. Thoughts?
I think it would be great to organize something if any southeast folks would be interested. I’m not sure how many trails are open at Prentice in the winter. I know they close a few for maintenance. Are there any areas near Knoxville or any you would suggest?

Reactions: Theo

Theo

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nashville
Member #

Later this month I should have a better idea of how my schedule is looking. In the meantime I can usually do a day trip on Saturdays. As you stated, I thought I read a lot of the trails at prentice cooper are closed till sometime in April. Someone can correct me but I am not sure about any trail closures in lbl.

Reactions: kappels