Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Nashville, TN
First Name
Erik
Last Name
Rumbaugh
Member #

I'm interested, waiting for my call schedule for the month to be released before I commit on days/activities.

Jrfelkins

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Franklin, TN
Member #

Hey Gang!

I'm going to do a day trip to LBL next Saturday, 8/25. I created a rally point: https://www.overlandbound.com/event/lbl-day-trip/
The plan is to rally at the Clarksville Cracker Barrel and roll out of there at 10:00, go explore Turkey Bay OHV, have a picnic lunch and then head home. I'm open to any ideas on this. I've never been to Turkey Bay but I've heard it's cool (and has a $20 fee). Let me know if you want to join us! Thanks!

TheDonutAllStar

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hey Gang!

I'm going to do a day trip to LBL next Saturday, 8/25. I created a rally point: https://www.overlandbound.com/event/lbl-day-trip/
The plan is to rally at the Clarksville Cracker Barrel and roll out of there at 10:00, go explore Turkey Bay OHV, have a picnic lunch and then head home. I'm open to any ideas on this. I've never been to Turkey Bay but I've heard it's cool (and has a $20 fee). Let me know if you want to join us! Thanks!
Sad I missed this. How was it?

TheDonutAllStar

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Nice! Thinking about heading up there this weekend. Were the trails pretty navigable? I've never been so I don't even know what to drop in my GPS or how to navigate in/out. But a weekend in the quiet with the dog sounds perfect!

It was a good time! It was all of our first times at turkey bay (I believe) and I for one learned a lot and had a blast. There was a 4 rig convoy and we ran the numbers trails 1-8. My 2wd truck surprised me!

TN_Tacosupreme

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Springfield, TN
Member #

Nice! Thinking about heading up there this weekend. Were the trails pretty navigable? I've never been so I don't even know what to drop in my GPS or how to navigate in/out. But a weekend in the quiet with the dog sounds perfect!
LBL has a little bit for all experience and rig capabilities from miles of gravel roads, a bit more challenging fire roads to Turkey Bay which is highly challenging in some areas. If you've never been before I'd highly advise stopping at one of the welcome centers, one on north end and one on south and buying a map for like $3 will be well worth the money. All the back roads and fire roads are open to the public and they do charge a fee for Turkey Bay FYI.

Tyler.W

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Spring Hill, TN
Member #

If you've never been before I'd highly advise stopping at one of the welcome centers, one on north end and one on south and buying a map for like $3 will be well worth the money. All the back roads and fire roads are open to the public and they do charge a fee for Turkey Bay FYI.
I posted this in the LBL thread, but for anyone interested I have some GPX/KML files you can download that have the roads and Turkey Bay trails as of 2017.

Land Between The Lakes MVUM (as of 2017)
Turkey Bay OHV (as of 2017)

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Whats up. Was wondering how you liked living in Nashville area of TN? I had visited Chat and Knoxville but never got to Nashville. Do they have a pretty large 4x4 community there? Also, as a younger guy thinking of moving up there later was there an area outside Nashville you would recommend? Thanks man! - Nickzero
Hey Nick sorry for the late response brother but my OB App has been acting up. We love it here in Nashville, middle TN. But we actually have been looking at getting 25-30 acres out in East TN between Maryville and Johnson City. We live in Spring Hill now and love it but my opinion is you have more trails, camping, and exploring closer to east tn in that area closer to the Smokies, foothills, and blueridge parkway and that’s our plan to be in east tn by next year summer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tyler.W

TN_Tacosupreme

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Springfield, TN
Member #

I think that's the same weekend as our Land Between the Lakes trip. I really want to go check that out sometime though! It's on the top of my list.
Yeah it is that weekend. We’ve got about 15 rigs going and is a bugger getting everyone’s schedule in line. I’ll let you know how it is and I’m sure we’ll go back sometime

Reactions: Jose and Dave_brez

bval

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Nashville, TN
Member #

Would love to get out on the KAT some, and specifically the DBBB. There's also a fella up near Hazard who has put together what he calls the Perry County Offroad Tour. I've got maps for that. That one is a bit more tame, but does include an overnight. Somewhere between an LBL trip and a full DBBB tour.