Nashville, Tennessee

• HTML tutorial

eloist

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Nashville
What is the skill/rig level of the trails out there? Family Friendly?
Most trails are doable by a stock vehicle, but some are really tight.

Id imagine there are some difficult ones as well. We mainly just drove in to interesting looking trails and if it looked like it was going to get really hairy we turned around and found another.

And yes, I'd be willing to bring by 3 year old with me there.

Bottom line: use common sense and bail if you get uncomfortable.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Reactions: MagnoliaOverland

Merlin2111

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bellevue
Member #

Teague, you put a little card in my mailbox over in Bellevue. I drive a silver GX. I have never really offroaded and am more used to little sports cars so I would really like to go out on some simple trails. I just contacted the guy who made the dirt devil map and I think I am going to buy that as a starting point.

Reactions: MagnoliaOverland

Kevingleas

Rank 0

Traveler I

Teague, you put a little card in my mailbox over in Bellevue. I drive a silver GX. I have never really offroaded and am more used to little sports cars so I would really like to go out on some simple trails. I just contacted the guy who made the dirt devil map and I think I am going to buy that as a starting point.

I have been wanting to run the whole dirt devil for a while. Let us know how the map turns out.

Teague

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fairview, TN
Member #

Awesome, welcome to the group. I noticed your old subaru when it had the harpeth river license plate, when I saw the Lexus with the awning and rack I had to leave one. We'll have to get a float organized.

Merlin2111

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bellevue
Member #

I just sent the guy the money via paypal and he said it should get here by Wednesday. I am going to have people in town this weekend but I am a teacher and have the summer off so if we want to try and meet up and run some of it (I have heard its really easy) then just let me know when and I will be there.

Reactions: TNDeadHead

Merlin2111

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bellevue
Member #

Just dont drive in the creeks guys. The locals hate us.
Are you talking about the creek crossings on the Dirt Devil?

On a side note I just purchased my member badge, Southeast Badge, and Adventure Badge. How long did it take for you guys to get yours?

Kevingleas

Rank 0

Traveler I

Are you talking about the creek crossings on the Dirt Devil?

On a side note I just purchased my member badge, Southeast Badge, and Adventure Badge. How long did it take for you guys to get yours?
The creek crossing are fine to go through. Its people driving up and down the creeks that the locals are pissed off about.

Merlin2111

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bellevue
Member #

Yeah that's what i'm referring to.
Last time I went out there was a crew of 4 jeeps using the creek as a road.
Well what can you expect thier decision making is obviously flawed, they bought a Jeep.

jk

Last edited:

eloist

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Nashville
Guys I have a copy of the Dirt Devil Map if any of you would like to borrow it, you're welcome to.
I'm in Brentwood, basically. (I live just north of the Target in Brentwood, in Crieve Hall)

Merlin2111

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bellevue
Member #

Other than the Dirt Devil, where do you guys typically go to get the tires dirty? I found a short, >400 yard, trail near my house that I can use for my friends who have never left the pavement but other than that I am having a hard time finding places to drive.

Are there any fire roads or anything near Nashville? I searched the gov sites and could not find anything.

eloist

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Nashville
You can go down to Woolys off road park near Lewisburg. The other areas I go to are around a 2 hour drive.

Prentiss Cooper, LBL, Catoosa

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

TNDeadHead

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Columbia, Tennessee
Member #

There are some cool areas behind the hippy farm in Summertown. All public dirt roads that are fun and depending on how many reds went tearing down through them the last time it rained they can be a little challenging lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using OB Talk mobile app