• HTML tutorial

Let'sGetDirtyOverlanding

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor II

Jacksonville, NC, USA
Member #

Howdy howdy...

At the moment the proposed route is still open for suggestions, however there is a general idea of some high-point's which i would like to hit along the way. There is not a strict time-frame, yet my current plan is to depart from Cool Springs Station Museum - (located on Old Route 66, 'The Mother Road', 8.3 miles East of Oatman AZ) on the morning of Sunday 16-July, following Route 66 East until we reach Seligman AZ where we would check trails leading towards the Grand Canyon. I've attached a rough-draft of the route map, however there are no trails marked, as this is simply our starting point.

During the journey I will be documenting various points of interest for a daily YouTube vlog, so the pace will not be too rushed...straying off of the beaten path is the idea.2017-06-29.png

For additional detail's, question's, or concern's...let me know and we can go from there :)

All is well which ends with a smile :)
jb - the "Overlandinger"

CatButt

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Redondo Beach, Ca
First Name
Rem
Last Name
Wyatt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6HMC
Service Branch
USMC
Boy, if you could drop down the Moki Dugway, go to Mexican Hat, then to Bluff and up to Moab...THEN do the Rimrocker trail to Montrose then South the Silverton...well...that'd be a darn neat trip. You could do your route then do Rimrocker to Montrose too. But there is darn nice geoscapes to see near Mexican Hat, Bluff, Etc.

CatButt

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Redondo Beach, Ca
First Name
Rem
Last Name
Wyatt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6HMC
Service Branch
USMC
I'd try to get to Horseshoe Bend in Az. and Goblin Valley, is in near your route.

On the route I suggested you'll pass Natural Bridges Monument, Goosenecks State Park is just east of Mexican Hat, Comb Wash Camp Site has some great views and some good archeology.

It is gonna be Africa HOT when you are there...but get up early, do night hikes, whatevs...there is SO much stuff to see in the 4 Corners area you could spend months there and never get bored.

Let'sGetDirtyOverlanding

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor II

Jacksonville, NC, USA
Member #

I'd try to get to Horseshoe Bend in Az. and Goblin Valley, is in near your route.

On the route I suggested you'll pass Natural Bridges Monument, Goosenecks State Park is just east of Mexican Hat, Comb Wash Camp Site has some great views and some good archeology.

It is gonna be Africa HOT when you are there...but get up early, do night hikes, whatevs...there is SO much stuff to see in the 4 Corners area you could spend months there and never get bored.

@CatButt
Thanks for all of the suggestion's...I'm taking note's. However, as you mentioned, it is going to be a bit on the hot-as-hell side of the thermometer, so on this particular trip I'm planning on it being a sort-of scouting mission for an extended venture to take place when the climate is a little more hospitable. My HQ at the moment is about 20-miles East of Bullhead City AZ, which due to the crazy heat it seems to be positioned near the doorway to Hades, so I'll definitely be heeding your advice on early and late activities as I know way too well how quickly one can become a heat casualty...hopefully, during the journey, I'll be spending much of the time capturing trail and aerial video's to stay out of the heat as much as possible.

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Boy, if you could drop down the Moki Dugway, go to Mexican Hat, then to Bluff and up to Moab...THEN do the Rimrocker trail to Montrose then South the Silverton...well...that'd be a darn neat trip. You could do your route then do Rimrocker to Montrose too. But there is darn nice geoscapes to see near Mexican Hat, Bluff, Etc.
Add Valley of the Gods

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Let'sGetDirtyOverlanding

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor II

Jacksonville, NC, USA
Member #

I just learned that the "Solihull Society Land Rover National Rally" is being held in Leadville CO from 24-28 July...so I've decided to add this event to the agenda. The Rally will be a first for both myself and the new rig...it should make for some good vlog content too. :)

Sent from my VS995 using OB Talk mobile app