Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
I haven't posted in a while, but here are a few of our latest modifications.
218F70A6-F4BB-466B-BDED-7EC5E53B0887_1_201_a.jpegDD3F0CF0-1A6A-4661-8441-B04CB2FF6ACF.jpeg6C35B2B8-E9A0-4F75-95D7-5EAD2F8E28B9.jpegtempImageWs1Vw6.pngCB59A5B4-439B-47CF-A910-E713B8B2D230.jpegBB4C5BE7-621D-44AD-9536-C951D9131CFA.jpegtempImagextTclu.png

Attachments

Reactions: Advtres

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
I didn't realize Premier was still around. I first saw them in the late 70's-early eighties at an off road show. I couldn't afford one at the time so I copied it and made my own. I used it a few times over the years but when rock crawl took off in the 90's, I used it almost every trip. The older vehicles didn't like all the twisting. We fixed everything from broken frames to torn off spring mounts to broken drive shaft's. Having a small electric grinder/cutter was nice also. During that time, one of my buddies gave me a spool gun. Flux core, plug it in and go. That changed the whole game.

Reactions: Magic Mike

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
This is definitely bucket list mods for my 4runner. I don't even know how to weld, but I'll learn!
I don’t either but I watching YouTube and am going to get some scrap steel and practice!

I figure based on that I’m not gonna be able to get employment at a Fab shop, but I should be able to put metal together enough to get out of woods.

Also wife can Arc weld

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
I didn't realize Premier was still around. I first saw them in the late 70's-early eighties at an off road show. I couldn't afford one at the time so I copied it and made my own. I used it a few times over the years but when rock crawl took off in the 90's, I used it almost every trip. The older vehicles didn't like all the twisting. We fixed everything from broken frames to torn off spring mounts to broken drive shaft's. Having a small electric grinder/cutter was nice also. During that time, one of my buddies gave me a spool gun. Flux core, plug it in and go. That changed the whole game.
Yeah they’re still around, Greg the owner is a really good guy!

We bought the Bun Trail Welder Spool-gun attachment as well.

Reactions: smritte

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Here is a modification that I’ve been trying to work out for a while!

No one makes a true set of Towing mirrors for the 4Runner. So I took a set of Clearview Next Gen tow mirrors that were designed for a 100 series Land Cruiser and retrofitted them and the mounting surface on the doors!

I think it turned out wonderfully! Bonus appetite.

Attachments

Blu12T

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Clovis, California, United States
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
Linares
Member #

No one makes a true set of Towing mirrors for the 4Runner. So I took a set of Clearview Next Gen tow mirrors that were designed for a 100 series Land Cruiser and retrofitted them and the mounting surface on the doors!

Well done! Looks great!

Reactions: Magic Mike

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps

Well done! Looks great!
Thank you my friend