• HTML tutorial

Merk

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Renton, WA
Member #

What's up dudes
My tires didn't actually hit any dirt this weekend, but my hiking boots did. The road to sunrise at Mt. Rainier opened up last week, so we went to explore the area a bit.
I normally don't post any hiking related reports on here, but this place is incredible! Highly recommend checking it out if you've never been. The snowfall was low this year, so a lot of the hiking routes are already accessible. We hiked up Sourdough ridge to Frozen Lake, and then south back down the wonderland trail a bit. Lots of wildlife: marmot, deer, elk.. and there was a bear/cub siting later that day too :flushed:
Definitely shoot to get there early though. We hit the trail by 7am, and when we got back to the Parking lot by 11am it was PACKED. Early Morning makes for better views and photography of the mountain too!
If your looking to get some 4x4 action in, Greenwater has some good trails on the way back too... with camping oppurtunities

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

What's up dudes
My tires didn't actually hit any dirt this weekend, but my hiking boots did. The road to sunrise at Mt. Rainier opened up last week, so we went to explore the area a bit.
I normally don't post any hiking related reports on here, but this place is incredible! Highly recommend checking it out if you've never been. The snowfall was low this year, so a lot of the hiking routes are already accessible. We hiked up Sourdough ridge to Frozen Lake, and then south back down the wonderland trail a bit. Lots of wildlife: marmot, deer, elk.. and there was a bear/cub siting later that day too :flushed:
Definitely shoot to get there early though. We hit the trail by 7am, and when we got back to the Parking lot by 11am it was PACKED. Early Morning makes for better views and photography of the mountain too!
If your looking to get some 4x4 action in, Greenwater has some good trails on the way back too... with camping oppurtunities
View attachment 106115
Looks like I'll have to make a trip down there soon.