Alta, WY
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Ramos
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EXK
All about the mountain biking! That's usually my deciding factor when choosing a destination: Can I ride there?! I have a 2017 Santa Cruz Bronson. Built it up last year to replace my 2014 Bronson. I love this bike, handles XC just as well as lift serviced DH. I live in the Tetons, so ride around here mostly, but take several trips a year in search of new trails. In the last few years, I've ridden several places across WY, ID, UT, CO, MT, CA, OR, and TX even. When I first moved out here there weren't many trails and there was even less info on where or how. I ended up riding nearly everything w/a GPS and uploading the tracks, photos, and info to a website I created called TetonMTB.com. I ended up selling the site to an IMBA chapter that started up here a couple summers back.

Anyway, here's some bike shots I've taken over the last couple years b/c I'm so ready for it to be bike seasonPB132928-2.jpg IMG_20160602_115253-Edit-3.jpg PA200317.jpg PA160036.jpg P9092382-2.jpg P8151471-3.jpg P9260057-2.jpg P8280297-2.jpg P9112473-3.jpg :

Anchor Mtn

US Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fruita, Colorado
Member #

All about the mountain biking! That's usually my deciding factor when choosing a destination: Can I ride there?! I have a 2017 Santa Cruz Bronson. Built it up last year to replace my 2014 Bronson. I love this bike, handles XC just as well as lift serviced DH. I live in the Tetons, so ride around here mostly, but take several trips a year in search of new trails. In the last few years, I've ridden several places across WY, ID, UT, CO, MT, CA, OR, and TX even. When I first moved out here there weren't many trails and there was even less info on where or how. I ended up riding nearly everything w/a GPS and uploading the tracks, photos, and info to a website I created called TetonMTB.com. I ended up selling the site to an IMBA chapter that started up here a couple summers back.

Anyway, here's some bike shots I've taken over the last couple years b/c I'm so ready for it to be bike season:
Awesome shots!! Im dying for bike season.... Its SOOOOO close in Fruita and just starting in Moab. Im going to have to hit the trails somewhere this weekend.

Dana Ramos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Alta, WY
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Ramos
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EXK
Awesome shots!! Im dying for bike season.... Its SOOOOO close in Fruita and just starting in Moab. Im going to have to hit the trails somewhere this weekend.
We won't be riding here until July this year, maybe longer if it doesn't quit snowing. Might have to make a trip down that way while I'm off in May. I've been picturing this every time I close my eyes:

OverlandRecon

Rank II

Advocate II

20170318_102157.jpg IMG_0299.JPG IMG_0301.JPG IMG_0300.JPG I love mountain biking, my son and I go all the time. I would really like to modify my platform rack to attach to a swing out tire carrier in the future. Right now I can't open the back of the Jeep with the rack mounted.

Just got back on the bike today after four months off. I crashed and dislocated my shoulder, ended up with lots of tears and a fracture too.

Pics from today.

Last edited:

The_Outdoor_Powerlifter

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Im moving to Chattanooga Tn, and selling my rig until the Wife and I can afford to get another one. So was looking into another outdoor hobby I can do. Looks like I need to cut weight tho, sitting at 262. After my Powerlifting meet at the end of this month, Ill start my cut so I can get on a bike and not break it lol.

Cool thing there is tons of trails in Chattanooga apparently its becoming the MTB Mecca of the South with over 101 miles of Trails no more than 10-20 mins aways from downtown So very excited!

Gary Stevens

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Reseda California
Member #

View attachment 18977 View attachment 18979 View attachment 18980 View attachment 18982 I love mountain biking, my son and I go all the time. I would really like to modify my platform rack to attach to a swing out tire carrier in the future. Right now I can't open the back of the Jeep with the rack mounted.

Just got back on the bike today after four months off. I crashed and dislocated my shoulder, ended up with lots of tears and a fracture too.

Pics from today.
Look at the 1-up-rack for something that might work. A tad expensive but really well made. Small company that you can call and would do custom if you need more length. You can get a two rack system, and it has a 90 degree and 45 degree lock. At 45 degrees you might be able to open your back door. https://www.1upusa.com/bicycleracks.html

Gary Stevens

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Reseda California
Member #

View attachment 18977 View attachment 18979 View attachment 18980 View attachment 18982 I love mountain biking, my son and I go all the time. I would really like to modify my platform rack to attach to a swing out tire carrier in the future. Right now I can't open the back of the Jeep with the rack mounted.

Pics from today.
I just realized you are in my neighborhood. If you have not seen these racks I can meet you anywhere from top of Reseda to Cheseboro and show you how mine works if you are interested.

OverlandRecon

Rank II

Advocate II

I just realized you are in my neighborhood. If you have not seen these racks I can meet you anywhere from top of Reseda to Cheseboro and show you how mine works if you are interested.
I love the 1up racks, and that would solve my clearance issuse. However I really would like to be able to have the platform swing out of the way with the bikes mounted. There are a few options on the market, but I would like to fab my own at some point.

Reactions: Gary Stevens

Dana Ramos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Alta, WY
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Ramos
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EXK
I love the 1up racks, and that would solve my clearance issuse. However I really would like to be able to have the platform swing out of the way with the bikes mounted. There are a few options on the market, but I would like to fab my own at some point.
We added a 2" receiver to the swing out tire carrier on our teardrop trailer so we can put the Thule T2 tray rack on that when towing and easily move it out of the way to access the galley. If we drop the trailer at camp and drive somewhere else to ride, we move it over the the Jeep. I do have to use an extension to get the rack far enough out to open the hatch though.

I recently came across this rack by Rocky Mounts and am seriously considering grabbing it once they release it. Looks like it would work great on the rig or the trailer. I've had the Thule since 2004 and it's been awesome but it's starting to show its age.

PDS_03

Rank 0

Traveler I

Those are cool. I'm having trouble deciding if I really want a mountain bike, but I also want a road bike. Ugh. You're giving me too much to think about.
Didn't make it through the whole thread yet, so not sure if anyone else has mentioned this already, but you could look for a "Cyclocross" bike. Basically a road frame with bit wider offload tires. Good to ride basically anywhere! :-)