Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT
So here's what I'm thinking. I'll put the free .gpx file on the event page. For folks that can leave Friday, we will go up through Pillsbury towards Hull Mountain. We can go as far up FR1N02 that day before camping somewhere. I'm thinking maybe to Milsap's Cabin area. I can't leave till after 12 because of work so leaving in the afternoon works for me too. Folks coming up on Saturday, I would recommend going through Covelo and cutting over and we can all meet up at the Eel River Campground/Black Butte Ranch area. Basically the intersection of Mendocino Pass Rd. and Indian Dick Rd. And then from there, we can make the loop. We could meet there around noon. If you're coming from the east, you can catch Mendocino Pass Rd AKA Hwy 162 out of Willows.

Thoughts?

Reactions: Ken M

Slow Yota

Rank IV

Member III

San Leandro, CA, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Kaplan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6PNS
So here's what I'm thinking. I'll put the free .gpx file on the event page. For folks that can leave Friday, we will go up through Pillsbury towards Hull Mountain. We can go as far up FR1N02 that day before camping somewhere. I'm thinking maybe to Milsap's Cabin area. I can't leave till after 12 because of work so leaving in the afternoon works for me too. Folks coming up on Saturday, I would recommend going through Covelo and cutting over and we can all meet up at the Eel River Campground/Black Butte Ranch area. Basically the intersection of Mendocino Pass Rd. and Indian Dick Rd. And then from there, we can make the loop. We could meet there around noon. If you're coming from the east, you can catch Mendocino Pass Rd AKA Hwy 162 out of Willows.

Thoughts?
That sounds great. I can meet up with you all on Saturday. Can’t wait!

Reactions: Speric

Brisley62

Rank IV
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

1431 Pine Street, Napa, CA, USA
First Name
Brett
Last Name
Risley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BOU

Thoughts?
Sounds like a plan.

I’ll be coming from Napa and can meet you guys at the Pomo Gas station in Upper Lake. Let me know an ETA for Upper Lake Friday afternoon?

Vince Rothermund

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Santa Rosa, California, United States
First Name
Vince
Last Name
Rothermund
Member #

Thoughts?
Sounds like a plan.

I’ll be coming from Napa and can meet you guys at the Pomo Gas station in Upper Lake. Let me know an ETA for Upper Lake Friday afternoon?
I would love to meet you guys Friday. I am hoping to be ready to leave Santa Rosa by 1-2pm. I don't mind night wheeling, if need be.

Speric

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT

Thoughts?
Sounds like a plan.

I would love to meet you guys Friday. I am hoping to be ready to leave Santa Rosa by 1-2pm. I don't mind night wheeling, if need be.
Let’s plan to meet and leave Santa Rosa by 2. That should get us to Pomo Pumps around 3:30.

Ken M

Rank IV

Traveler III

Napa, CA, USA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Ill meet you in Santa Rosa Fri. Ill be ready to rollout at 2.

Last edited:

Ken M

Rank IV

Traveler III

Napa, CA, USA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Can I assume those of us meeting Friday afternoon in Santa Rosa will be meeting at

5000 Robert’s Lake Rd.

????

Speric

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT
Can I assume those of us meeting Friday afternoon in Santa Rosa will be meeting at

5000 Robert’s Lake Rd.

????
No. Come up to Santa Rosa. We can meet at the Costco lot since that's where I've pinged for the meet-up. @Vince Rothermund and I live in Santa Rosa, and we'll be heading north from there.

Speric

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT
Can I get a roll call on who’s coming Friday, and who’s meeting up on Saturday?

@FirenzeForza4x4 I’m sorry you can’t make it. It was your idea to check out the BDT.

Reactions: Slow Yota

FirenzeForza4x4

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Napa Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Apal
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SNX

@FirenzeForza4x4 I’m sorry you can’t make it. It was your idea to check out the BDT.
All good. I was trying to get my kids out for this but we'd have to meet Saturday and so the drive up to Covelo with scheduling and all just wasn't going to be the right "fit" for kids. I'll look forward to seeing how the trip goes and hope to stay involved and get some of us to join in on all the East Bay trips those guys have planned.

Speric

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Speric
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SCT

All good. I was trying to get my kids out for this but we'd have to meet Saturday and so the drive up to Covelo with scheduling and all just wasn't going to be the right "fit" for kids. I'll look forward to seeing how the trip goes and hope to stay involved and get some of us to join in on all the East Bay trips those guys have planned.
PapaDave out if Pleasanton does really nice, well organized runs. Super nice guy too.

Brisley62

Rank IV
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

1431 Pine Street, Napa, CA, USA
First Name
Brett
Last Name
Risley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BOU

I’ll be meeting up with you all on Saturday. Really looking forward to it!
Eric,
Marty, our guests and I will meet you guys at the Pomo Pumps Friday afternoon at 3:30. (3 Rigs)

Slow Yota

Rank IV

Member III

San Leandro, CA, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Kaplan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6PNS
Just confirming that you'll meet up with us at the crossroads near the Eel River Campground/Black Butte Ranch area around noon?
That's where I'm planning to be, although I'll probably be there early. I'll be monitoring both the HAM and GMRS freqs. My Ham call is KK6PNS