Member #

Reactions: Kenslittle72

Lauroness

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor II

Fairfield Ca
Member #

Hey guys I wanted to see who would be interested in coming with us to Monache Meadows In June... If you have not heard of Monache Meadows please see my trip report from last years trip: http://overlandf150.com/monache-meadows-trip-report/

So far the guest list includes:
  • Myself and kids
  • Danny (xterra Performance)
  • cliff
  • Lauroness
  • Kenslittle72
  • Luke D
  • UmmDavid
  • Mike G
  • dghcruising
  • FireRetiredGFD
  • Reichling
  • Tomb1957 (tentative)
  • 53Kemper
  • Adventureswithlaylay
  • Tomb1957
  • Tahoe_overland
Hey Raul,

Have you gotten an internary for this trip yet?

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

Man I am sooo mad I can't make this trip.. I am moving to reno and I have to be back in so cal for family stuff that weekend. Have fun guys.. Monache is still on my bucket list and we will need to make this happen again

Sent from my LG-H810 using OB Talk mobile app

Kenslittle72

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Princeton, Moorpark
Member #

so far it looks like its 15+ rigs coming... I can tell you that they will probably all be a bit spread out since there is no one camp site that will accommodate all of us.. but... if were lucky we could all be right next to each other adjacent to the river...
Lets just hope that none of the spots on that side of the river are all ready taken. The far side of the river will hold 20ish vehicles by my rough estimation.

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kyle, Hays County, Texas, United States
First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

Attention!

I just got off the phone with one of the Park Rangers. She told me that Monache Meadows trail is not going to be open for a "while". Apparently the river water is too high to cross and that there is a lot of damage to the road from water and snow. I asked if she thought it would be open in a few weeks and she said probably not.

Just wanted to keep everyone updated....

We can always postpone the trip until sometime end of june or early july. Or we can all go somewhere else.... What do you guys think? I did hear that Bodie is now open which is also on my bucket list. I'm open to suggestions.....

-Raul

Tahoe.Adventures

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Corona, CA
Member #

Attention!

I just got off the phone with one of the Park Rangers. She told me that Monache Meadows trail is not going to be open for a "while". Apparently the river water is too high to cross and that there is a lot of damage to the road from water and snow. I asked if she thought it would be open in a few weeks and she said probably not.

Just wanted to keep everyone updated....

We can always postpone the trip until sometime end of june or early july. Or we can all go somewhere else.... What do you guys think? I did hear that Bodie is now open which is also on my bucket list. I'm open to suggestions.....

-Raul
Hey Raul, thanks for the update. Im open to postponing or going to another spot, no problem.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using OB Talk mobile app

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

Ok lets postpone it until July... Ill keep in contact with the rangers to see what date the trail will be open.

As for another spot I'm open to suggestions... It will be too hot to be in the desert and our group is too big for any of the yellow post sites in big bear. Anyone else know a spot where we can all fit?

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

Ok I have searched for a place that can accommodate us all and the one place that i like is Los Cayotes camp ground located in the Indian Reservation. It costs 25 a night but it really is a nice campsite.. very little people know of this place. we have been here before with our kids and they loved it... you can camp underneath the trees and there is a large wide open space for the kids to play in...

here is the address:
2300 Camino San Ignacio
Warner Springs, CA, 92086

Ill post some pictures on the next post from our last trip here....

Lauroness

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor II

Fairfield Ca
Member #

Ok I have searched for a place that can accommodate us all and the one place that i like is Los Cayotes camp ground located in the Indian Reservation. It costs 25 a night but it really is a nice campsite.. very little people know of this place. we have been here before with our kids and they loved it... you can camp underneath the trees and there is a large wide open space for the kids to play in...

here is the address:
2300 Camino San Ignacio
Warner Springs, CA, 92086

Ill post some pictures on the next post from our last trip here....
Bummer to hear that the trip is a no go. Me and Ummdavid will keep an eye on the thread for when the trails open back up. Unfortunately since we are in the Bay Area, San Diego is a little to far for us. We might just stay in the area or travel north instead. Thanks a lot Raul B for all the planning you did and all the calls you made. I know it takes up time.

Thanks