Launch Member

Influencer II

Kyle, Hays County, Texas, United States
First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

Bummer to hear that the trip is a no go. Me and Ummdavid will keep an eye on the thread for when the trails open back up. Unfortunately since we are in the Bay Area, San Diego is a little to far for us. We might just stay in the area or travel north instead. Thanks a lot Raul B for all the planning you did and all the calls you made. I know it takes up time.

Thanks
I'm pretty bummed too. I will def reschedule once the trails open up. Itd an epic place..... I can't wait to share it with everyone.

Sent from my SM-G930T using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Kenslittle72

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Im in to going later in the year, and thanks for the work on this.

Reactions: Kenslittle72

Straw Hat

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

West Hills,CA
First Name
Alvin
Last Name
Castillo
Member #

Can a 2wd tacoma handle this trail? Just curious if I can invite a friend later this year. I want to try this trip. Unfortunately booked for this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Kenslittle72

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Princeton, Moorpark
Member #

Can a 2wd tacoma handle this trail? Just curious if I can invite a friend later this year. I want to try this trip. Unfortunately booked for this weekend.

A lifted 2wd with a locker and a good driver could probably make it back out up the trail. There might be one or two short sections they need help.

Reactions: Straw Hat

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kyle, Hays County, Texas, United States
First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

I agree with Ken. Going down you'll be fine but going back up there might be a couple of spots you'll need help with.

Sent from my SM-G930T using OB Talk mobile app

dghcruising

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mission Viejo
Member #

I wasn't going to be able to make the orignal weekend because of work, so I'm hoping I can make it when you reschedule, July 14-16 is a weekend I have off, if the trail is open by then. I know there are a lot of schedules to take into account, but if that weekend ends up working I would still love to come. Thanks
for all your time in planning this trip.

Dale

Reactions: Raul B

Kenslittle72

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Princeton, Moorpark
Member #

The only real concerning picture is that bottom left. That is crazy how much water is flowing there. the only option since the trail around that part of the river (normally a creek) is gone would be to cross that at the sand crossing. That crossing is typically deep all season. The main river at the camp ground crossing is wide and probably has a good hole in the middle, but it has a good rock base. That kind of flow is what I remember it being every year in the 80's.