Monache Meadows June 9th-11th

• HTML tutorial

Kenslittle72

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Princeton, Moorpark
Member #

Also, I should have one definite second vehicle with me, my dad in his Discovery II. I have one other life long friend I am trying to get interested in Overland camping. He has a brand new Power Waggon and is a little scared of scratching it. Neither are on the board, I hope that isn't a issue.

Mike G

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Jose, CA
Member #

Ok guys were a Lil over a month away. Let's talk about comms. What is everyone using? I have cb but it sucks so after talking to the guys at mountain state overland I think I'm going to go with this and just hand out frs radios to anyone that doesn't have one: https://midlandusa.com/product/mxt400-micromobile-2-way-radio-2/

Also a couple of weeks before the trip I will send a pm to everyone on the list so we can all swap cell numbers and figure who is meeting where and caraving

Sent from my SM-G930T using OB Talk mobile app
I'll be using a CB radio.

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kyle, Hays County, Texas, United States
First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

SO the Overlanding USA crew will be going up the week before us so that should give me a better idea of how the weather will be when were up there..

Also for us that are going... does everyone have Messenger? I would like to create either a messenger group going on a couple of weeks before we go or a group text. Just FYI I did add the vent to the Overlandbound regional facebook group...

-Raul

Kenslittle72

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Princeton, Moorpark
Member #

SO the Overlanding USA crew will be going up the week before us so that should give me a better idea of how the weather will be when were up there..

Also for us that are going... does everyone have Messenger? I would like to create either a messenger group going on a couple of weeks before we go or a group text. Just FYI I did add the vent to the Overlandbound regional facebook group...

-Raul
Messenger is fine with me.

Mike G

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Jose, CA
Member #

Instead, why don't you start a "Conversation" here on OB. Just go to the "Map" page and click on "Start a Conversation" and invite those that you want to communicate with. Works good.
I don't have messenger, but I do like Canyon_Cliff's idea

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Don't like Messenger but if thats what you decide ill go with it.

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

Instead, why don't you start a "Conversation" here on OB. Just go to the "Map" page and click on "Start a Conversation" and invite those that you want to communicate with. Works good.
The only issue with that is that its super slow. I find the app very slow for messaging. What about text? If people want to send me their phone numbers I can create a master list and start a group text message.

-Raul

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #