Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Alvin, Texas
First Name
Walker
Last Name
Rose
Member #

I don't post much and most of the time I read the threads and go I need to try that on my rig.

Anyways, I searched to see what kind of different storage solutions there are and didn't quite find what I was looking for. Of course I need the drawer system one of these days and tailgate storage eventually, but I wanted something simple that goes over the rear side windows (gull windows). The lift up gull windows are awesome but not in the budget and I don't know if I would like not having a window there.

I'm not taking credit for this as there maybe a something like this already that I couldn't find. This is just an idea.

The cardboard design.

The install of the cardboard to see if I like it.

Went to work and drew it out on AutoCad and printed on large paper and brought home and decided I need to tweak it some more. Sorry no photos of the paper install. I decide that I didn't want to follow the window lines and just made it straight on the sides with a 90 degree bend for rigidity.

Pulled the side plastics off and the grab handle off and reinstalled the grab handle with rack mounted underneath.

Next I had to drill 2 holes and use some self tapping screws for the bottom and then reinstall the plastics.

Everything fits good, now I need to send off for powered coating and reinstall.

Here are a couple of more photos...

Behind the plastics

Behind the grab handle

Wolvee

ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) ︻デ═一 pew pew
Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Very Nice.  Good work.

argann

Rank 0

Contributor I

Something like this might be good on the outside of the glass as well for side mounting equipment over the windows like water and the like.  WEll done.

Skywalk26

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Alvin, Texas
First Name
Walker
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Sorry for not updating, but here are a few pictures of the finished panel. I ended up just sanding down and then used plastic dip for the coating.

As for selling them...It didn't really think there would be any interest, but its definitely doable. Let me work up a price and post it up in a couple of days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vincent Keith

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Poulsbo, Washington, United States
First Name
Vince
Last Name
Binder
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Kg7cli
Nice.
CNC Cut? Material used?
I'm curious - have you tried mounting to it yet?. Are you using clips?

I've been looking at various options for both soft mount (back of seat) and hard mount (face of box).