Investor

Influencer II

Nevada
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Leto II
Member #

I was not thinking of the water crossing.. I went around (my cold air intake would have shoveled up so much water), and would recommend a stock truck do the same. I was thinking more of the Soda Lake. When it gets wet, it's a deep sticky mud pit. There are other places where it could be tricky when it gets muddy.

I don't wanna shanghai the OP. There is tons of info out there on crossing the Mojave at all times of the year.

Sylvester

Rank V
Investor

Influencer II

Nevada
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Leto II
Member #

There is a way around the water crossing also, If no one felt comfortable doing it, Just takes a Little longer, I hope not to go around anything But things happen. Guess we are on our own again HB Maverick Had to Back out Kids coming Home for christmas

Sylvester

Rank V
Investor

Influencer II

Nevada
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Leto II
Member #

We have a good flow of Info being exchanged here, I'm Happy

I was not thinking of the water crossing.. I went around (my cold air intake would have shoveled up so much water), and would recommend a stock truck do the same. I was thinking more of the Soda Lake. When it gets wet, it's a deep sticky mud pit. There are other places where it could be tricky when it gets muddy.

I don't wanna shanghai the OP. There is tons of info out there on crossing the Mojave at all times of the year.

WAYAWAY

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

San Diego, CA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
P
Member #

It's a really fun trip.. I'm looking forward to seeing your pix.

This one says it all:
20190318_174536.jpg

Josh56

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler III

Yucca Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Gonzales
Member #

Off Course, Caliper1 is Going out Two weeks before me and he is going to Leave a Report also
Thanks and looking forward to the report. Very excited about trip in april. Also regarding lake. Thought there was a bypass also but i could be mistaken. I really need to look into it and order the damn mojave book ha ha
Josh

Norcalocal

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sacramento, ca
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Brodsky
I'm planning to do the trail December 27-29. Currently I'm traveling solo (one rig) with my two young sons (2 & 4 years old). Would like to join another group. I can't start the trail sooner than the 27th, but can push my exit day to the 31st.

Reactions: WAYAWAY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
If you need GPX files or things to see on the Mojave road, email me @ Kent@overalandbound.com I will forward information.

We will also be doing a New To Overlanding Rally to the Mojave Road March 13-15 with travel days on 12&16. There will be a rally point posted

Sylvester

Rank V
Investor

Influencer II

Nevada
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Leto II
Member #

If something Changes and you can Leave earlier Your welcome to go with us, I'll be in Quartzsite on the 30th

I'm planning to do the trail December 27-29. Currently I'm traveling solo (one rig) with my two young sons (2 & 4 years old). Would like to join another group. I can't start the trail sooner than the 27th, but can push my exit day to the 31st.

tundra21

Rank V

Advocate III

Riverside County, California, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Stein
Member #

If you need GPX files or things to see on the Mojave road, email me @ Kent@overalandbound.com I will forward information.

We will also be doing a New To Overlanding Rally to the Mojave Road March 13-15 with travel days on 12&16. There will be a rally point posted
I'd like to join your trip I'll look for your rally point posting. I think we meet at the Overland Expo in Flagstaff this year.

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I'd like to join your trip I'll look for your rally point posting. I think we meet at the Overland Expo in Flagstaff this year.
Rally point will go out early January. Limit of 40 vehicles plus 2 Overland Bound vehicles

Sylvester

Rank V
Investor

Influencer II

Nevada
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Leto II
Member #

Kent

Could you send me the GPX files for things to see on The Mojave Please

Rally point will go out early January. Limit of 40 vehicles plus 2 Overland Bound vehicles

Sylvester

Rank V
Investor

Influencer II

Nevada
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Leto II
Member #

Thank you for the File Kent I sent you another Email about the Mojave Road and Park Service, Pertaining to the display's "Frogs, Gnome's & bus

Mike G

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

San Jose, CA
Member #

I’ll be doing the trail 12/19 -1/3. One guy just did the water crossing and it’s pretty deep. Soda Lake is also sketchy.

IMG_4908.JPG

Sylvester

Rank V
Investor

Influencer II

Nevada
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Leto II
Member #

THAT DOES LOOK DEEP, I think the forecast for the next two weeks is Sun so Hopefully things dry out again, Thanks for the Update

Reactions: Mike G