Little Rock, AR, USA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Hurn
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF5DFZ
Working on a rear hatch ladder....you know, cuz my outlander is so tall [emoji51]

View attachment 78597
this is really great! if my wife will let me, I'll fab a ladder for my pilot. (as far as I can tell, no one makes an off-the-shelf ladder for a pilot. do you have another thread where you show more detail of this build? I'm interested to see how you're mounting it at the top. (I'll probably just use super sticky 3m mounting adhesive at the bottom, but the top will need to clamp/bolt on in some way that doesn't interfere with the hinge.)

Pathfinder I

Bellingham
this is really great! if my wife will let me, I'll fab a ladder for my pilot. (as far as I can tell, no one makes an off-the-shelf ladder for a pilot. do you have another thread where you show more detail of this build? I'm interested to see how you're mounting it at the top. (I'll probably just use super sticky 3m mounting adhesive at the bottom, but the top will need to clamp/bolt on in some way that doesn't interfere with the hinge.)

Do it! So our ladder is fully bolted onto the car. I went full in, no return [emoji51] I probably could have done a clamp mount with some 3M tape but.... I didn’t have any lol

The upper part of the ladder is bolted to the upper spoiler that I reinforced the inside with some sheet metal. The spoiler bolts onto the hatch body making it nice and strong. The bottom part of the ladder sits on a L bracket that is bolted and siliconed to the hatch door then the ladder bolts to the bracket. Pretty basic but not reversible.

Luis Merlo

OB1962

Influencer II

Collingwood Park, Queensland,4301
First Name
Luis
Last Name
Merlo
Member #

I’ve been eyeing this Hyundai Santa Fe build for a while, particularly the custom roof rack. I LOVE it. It’s sleek, low profile and looks kick ass. I don’t actually use my roof rack often and would like to do something new to it. Thinking about trying something like this. It’ll either be aluminum or a thinner steel. I’ve got loads of metal here at my shop so wouldn’t cost much at all. Just may need a wider light bar or do a dual setup.
View attachment 74593View attachment 74594View attachment 74595View attachment 74596View attachment 74597
@Joey83

Reactions: gabe and Joey83

Pathfinder I

Bellingham
How is the CVT tranny holding up? Not really a fan of those...
Wellllll.. just had it replaced a few thousand miles ago. Went out after 105k. But I put that Trans through some $hit. Lots of towing, off roading, etc... I got a used one with 40k installed. I plan on doing an EVO motor and manual trans swap in the next year [emoji106]

Reactions: JCWages