Mitsubishi Outlander Sport light over land build

• HTML tutorial

Pathfinder I

Bellingham
What are you going from/to?
Not too sure yet. All I know is I wanna slap on an MT tire. There’s not a lot of AT’s out there that I like. I know the MT’s are heavier but I’m not concerned with that. I’ve been eyeing the Kumho Road Venture MT, BFG KM2, or the Centennial Dirt Commander, which by the way has amazing reviews!

Pathfinder I

Bellingham
Forgot to add the tires I have now are some low branded AT that were on these rims when I purchased them. They’re Laufenn X Fit AT’s. They’re not too bad but don’t bite well when the road starts to loosen up. They are a subsidiary of Hankook.

Damil

Rank III

Advocate II

Any further thoughts on duplicating that minimalist roof rack? I use to have a roof rack similar to yours and it acted like a sail in the wind, even empty! I couldn't believe it.. and of course my fuel mileage went down as well... I also never used it.... I never really had anything that I wanted to be outside in the elements minus a canoe or kayak. I would personally rather run a concealed lean cargo box on a roof rack to keep stuff out of the weather, but I am sure that isnt any better in the wind.

Pathfinder I

Bellingham
Any further thoughts on duplicating that minimalist roof rack? I use to have a roof rack similar to yours and it acted like a sail in the wind, even empty! I couldn't believe it.. and of course my fuel mileage went down as well... I also never used it.... I never really had anything that I wanted to be outside in the elements minus a canoe or kayak. I would personally rather run a concealed lean cargo box on a roof rack to keep stuff out of the weather, but I am sure that isnt any better in the wind.
Oh man I haven’t had time to look into it further. I’d still love to! Maybe when the weather gets a bit nicer. I agree, this rack along with the light bar in it prolly sucks some of my MPG but it is better then when I had a 20 Cubic foot roof box on there that was like 3’ tall haha! I’ve thought about going streamline and removing it but it looked odd with the snorkel being the tallest point.

Pathfinder I

Bellingham
How big is the lightbar?
What is the output?
It’s a 32”. I’m not too sure of the exact specs. It’s a cheaper one off amazon I’ve had for many years. Works great though! I need to open it up again and apply some new silicone around the edges as it lets some condensation build up.

Reactions: gabe

Pathfinder I

Bellingham
I’ve been pondering the idea of doing some sort of vent or something unique to the front quarter panels. So I broke out the 3” angle grinder and installed these vented panels I had in the shop. I only did the right side, left side will be done tomorrow. Thought they looked cool and rugged and flow pretty well with the direction of the build. IMG_8385.jpg
IMG_8384.jpg

Pathfinder I

Bellingham
Finished up the front vents so went to the rear today. I’ve always been intrigued by flush mount exhausts. You see this on a bunch of rally things and some very modded WRX’s. So thought what the hell! Lets do it. The exhaust was re worked a bit and made an aluminum plate to house the silencer tip. In the near future I may re do this as I want to go up and over the rear cross member to get a bit more ground clearance. IMG_8400.jpg

Reactions: Jimmy P