El Capitan

Rank 0

Traveler I

Springfield, MO, USA
First Name
Logan
Last Name
Breedlove
Joplin MO here (South West corner). Would love to get together with some overlanders and learn about this new hobby.
Hey OzarkNewb, check out SpringMo Overland. We started a group up in January of this year and we do frequent trail runs as a group and get out often as individuals so you could tags along with someone. We’re based out of Springfield. Also there’s an overlanding shop in Springfield called Artemis Overland that two awesome guys run that sell anything from stoves and silverware to RTT’s. For anyone else whose just wanting to see the Ozarks there’s an event this Fall in Arkansas called Rendezvous in the Ozarks hosted by Natural State Overland, definitely check it out.

Reactions: Broke and OzarkNewb

Smokey_Bear_JLUR

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Oakville, MO, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Kuhn
Member #

Service Branch
LEO (Ret'd)
Ill be heading to SMORR this weekend if anyone is up for it. Not necessarily overlanding, and im super unprepared for it as it wasnt planned, but im sure it will be a decent weekend.
I’ll be at SMORR for the Jeepstock event this weekend!

Reactions: Broke

avgjoe624

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Fayetteville, NC, USA
Member #

I’ll be at SMORR for the Jeepstock event this weekend!
I had a blast out there this weekend, maybe a little too much. my tires are all wrecked and got a few battle scars and still have to drive 1000 miles home next week. I dont think it can handle 2 weekends in a row. haha

Gmanpaint

Rank II

Enthusiast II

St. Louis, MO, USA
First Name
Gregg
Last Name
M
Just outside of STL, MO and just joined this group looking for like minded folk, that aren't into building beaters, just to destroy within a years time woods wheeling. Been there, and done with that.

I still hit the off road parks but mainly to test new mods and camp out. I started going to SMORR in 2008, and have watched the trails change from easy going to rock bouncer required. Moonlight is an easy going park for a day run, but if your mindful of paint, wait until late fall thru early spring. The overgrowth on the trails gets thick.

I prefer to head out west these days, and Ouray CO area in the San Juan Mtn's, is my absolute favorite destination. I would rather sacrifice all small local trips to be able to get out there once a year, and is what I have been building/gearing up for. My problem is finding others to travel with that far from home. Safety in numbers, on and off the road. I have made friends from all over the country doing these types of long distant trips, and we do meet up in places like Moab, Buena Vista, Silveton, and the likes every 2-3 years, but man that is one long and boring road trip to make solo. lol

With that said, my goals here on OB are this....

I would love to eventually be able to make these long distance travels with OB members from my area, and meet up with other members from other regions in NM/AZ/UT/CO, for some planned out trails and off grid camping.

I am building my adventure trailer now, and should be ready by next spring for it's maiden voyage. :)

El Capitan

Rank 0

Traveler I

Springfield, MO, USA
First Name
Logan
Last Name
Breedlove
Just outside of STL, MO and just joined this group looking for like minded folk, that aren't into building beaters, just to destroy within a years time woods wheeling. Been there, and done with that.

I still hit the off road parks but mainly to test new mods and camp out. I started going to SMORR in 2008, and have watched the trails change from easy going to rock bouncer required. Moonlight is an easy going park for a day run, but if your mindful of paint, wait until late fall thru early spring. The overgrowth on the trails gets thick.

I prefer to head out west these days, and Ouray CO area in the San Juan Mtn's, is my absolute favorite destination. I would rather sacrifice all small local trips to be able to get out there once a year, and is what I have been building/gearing up for. My problem is finding others to travel with that far from home. Safety in numbers, on and off the road. I have made friends from all over the country doing these types of long distant trips, and we do meet up in places like Moab, Buena Vista, Silveton, and the likes every 2-3 years, but man that is one long and boring road trip to make solo. lol

With that said, my goals here on OB are this....

I would love to eventually be able to make these long distance travels with OB members from my area, and meet up with other members from other regions in NM/AZ/UT/CO, for some planned out trails and off grid camping.

I am building my adventure trailer now, and should be ready by next spring for it's maiden voyage. :)
Awesome idea! I’m in Springfield and would be down for that sort of meet up. I actually just got back from that area of Colorado three weeks ago and t was the best trip I’ve ever done.

Reactions: Broke and Gmanpaint

Gmanpaint

Rank II

Enthusiast II

St. Louis, MO, USA
First Name
Gregg
Last Name
M
Awesome idea! I’m in Springfield and would be down for that sort of meet up. I actually just got back from that area of Colorado three weeks ago and t was the best trip I’ve ever done.
@El Capitan Sounds great! We will work something out over time and make this happen eventually! Need to see when and where others are going here, and make a plan of action.

We are already planning for Ouray area late Aug 2020, but would like to get something going for April/May 2020 somewhere else. I need a shake down run or two on the new trailer when it's ready before the big trips. More than likely hit up SMORR early spring for that, and see how it does in the rains. LOL!

Didn't see how to quote a post properly here, until after I posted (reply). I'm still learning how this forum is ran, so forgive me as I do.

Paris0514

Local Expert Kansas City MO
Founder 500

World Traveler III

Kansas City
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Paris
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N0KTP
Here are a few people around. Check out KC overlanders on fb. There is activity there and you can meet several people.

Druckel

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

4843 North Wabash Avenue, Kansas City, Missouri 64118, United States
First Name
David
Last Name
Ruckel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0THT
Hey guys. Just checking in. I'm new here. I live in Springfield. Hope to catch up with you guys.
Hey there. Pretty fresh here also. I live in Kansas City but do lots of work in Springfield and surrounding towns down there. I plan to come to the Mark Twain National Forest this next summer and also come down that way to Trout Fish.
I will look you up when I come down and maybe we can get some food one day. Love Purple Burrito in Springfield. As much money as I spend I should buy stock in them.
Well take care and Welcome!

El Capitan

Rank 0

Traveler I

Springfield, MO, USA
First Name
Logan
Last Name
Breedlove
Hey guys. Just checking in. I'm new here. I live in Springfield. Hope to catch up with you guys.
Welcome! Have you checked out the Natural State Overland or SpringMo Overland Pages yet on Facebook? They’re both very active, we actually have a group of us going out this weekend to Glade Top. Also if you haven’t yet, stop by Artemis Overland downtown Springfield. It’s the local overlanding shop and you can get anything and everything there, tell Aaron I sent you, he’s a great guy.

Reactions: Broke and Druckel

Rusty Buttons

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Springfield, MO
First Name
Bryn
Last Name
Lai
Member #

Welcome! Have you checked out the Natural State Overland or SpringMo Overland Pages yet on Facebook? They’re both very active, we actually have a group of us going out this weekend to Glade Top. Also if you haven’t yet, stop by Artemis Overland downtown Springfield. It’s the local overlanding shop and you can get anything and everything there, tell Aaron I sent you, he’s a great guy.

Yeah, thanks. I think one of the Artemis Overland guys lives caddy-corner to me and his wife works out at the Y with my wife. (Or the guy is otherwise a huge enthusiast because he has a pretty decked out rig with an Artemis Overland decal on the side of it.) I haven't been, but I'll have to check it out. I've submitted requests to join those Facebook pages. Thanks!

Marman

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pleasant Hill, MO
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Marlowe
Member #

Service Branch
USAF Retired
Reactions: Broke and Itacal

Itacal

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bella Vista, Ark
First Name
John
Last Name
Henley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5TTZ
I am two hours away in northwest Arkansas ... I will definitely make this. Hoping for a nice turnout. It would be great if this turned into an annual event for the Midwest.

Itacal

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bella Vista, Ark
First Name
John
Last Name
Henley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5TTZ
I posted in Overland Bound Meetups about having a meetup before the Expo on Saturday or after, if anyone is interested. I'm from Northwest Arkansas, but spend almost all of my time, recreationally speaking, in Missouri. Please let me know if any of you would like to meet up for coffee/breakfast before hand or pizza or something afterward. I would really appreciate the opportunity to get to know some fellow overlanders in this part of the country.

Thanks

Reactions: Broke and Marman